Called to work after putting in two weeks

I put in my two weeks notice on March 1, with my last day being March 15. Since I for some reason can’t submit it through workday, I talked to my ETL and talked to HR who wrote down my info to “take care of it.” Well my store lost basically all of our etls in Q4 last year and we still don’t have a permanent HR etl, so half the time someone from one store comes to our store and the other half someone from another store comes in. I guess the HR etls and mine didn’t talk to each other because I was just called today to come into work this weekend lmfao. Exactly why I had to quit. There’s no communication between managers and no organization at this store.

For reference, I’ve been an on-demand TM since October so that’s probably why I went a month and a half without being noticed because I wasn’t regularly scheduled.

I'm just curious, did you explain what happened. Did you explain to whomever called that you put in your two weeks and you no longer work there? It definitely seems like serious dysfunction and lack of communication at your store that something like this would happen.

I would assume your HR person did not take care of anything and you technically still work there.

I'm just curious, did you explain what happened. Did you explain to whomever called that you put in your two weeks and you no longer work there? It definitely seems like serious dysfunction and lack of communication at your store that something like this would happen.
Yes I let them know that I already spoke to the other HR person (I told them her name and the date that I talked to her). She apologized and said that she’d get it taken care of, so hopefully that means she was going to take care of it the second we got off the phone so she didn’t forget. Hoping it doesn’t happen again but at this point it’s not my problem, it’s theirs. I don’t plan on ever going back to work at Target so it’s whatever.

That's pretty funny, haha. Yeah, ETLs at my old store didn't have the best communication with HR either. In fact, the ETLs mostly avoided HR. HR was always frustrated with them because they would always fail to mention changed shifts, 2 week notices, fail to let team members train, even when training was due in literally hours lol. God bless the HR team for the stuff they go through.

Back