Archived Calling AP for a possible scammer

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the situation is this: I'm a SBTM and one of my co-workers recently noticed that a woman had been coming into starbucks every week trying to return a starbucks mug that she'd received "as a gift" and didn't have a receipt for. She was always directed to guest services. So I mentioned this to my ETL recently and told her the time that the woman came in. She said next time the woman appeared to call AP so that they can actually see her and make an ID. I'm just wondering exactly how I should handle it. Should I just call for a roll of quarters on AP's channel and then when they arrive say "this guest needs help finding guest services"? Should I tell them over the walkie (when she might hear me or someone else's walkie) that there's someone in Starbucks I need them to identify? I'm just not sure exactly what to do...

A lot of stores have code statements to alert them to check cameras. All you have to is call your APs extension and saying 'Assistance @ Starbuck', 'Check (insert your phone extension)', or 'Have a lady with mug @ Starbucks.'

"Hardlines Four Please, Hardlines Four" or "AP please, AP" Can you Please go to 3 please. Once they come on, give them a good description, and relay all the details you have. Of Course, try not to do this, with Guests around you. Go into the back, and do it.

You should also be able to get them on the phone, if your Starbux has a cordless. Just Dial Extension 209.

Also, as Red Said. If you can't get ahold of them, write down a good description of the lady, along with the time, so they can pull it later.

"Hardlines Four Please, Hardlines Four" or "AP please, AP" Can you Please go to 3 please. Once they come on, give them a good description, and relay all the details you have. Of Course, try not to do this, with Guests around you. Go into the back, and do it.

You should also be able to get them on the phone, if your Starbux has a cordless. Just Dial Extension 209.

Also, as Red Said. If you can't get ahold of them, write down a good description of the lady, along with the time, so they can pull it later.

This. But at my store if you need AP you call out softlines b instead of hardlines four or AP. It depends on your store.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! Red, I already gave them a time that she'd been there before, so I hope they already have at least one camera shot of her :)Okay, so I'll get on AP's channel and give them a description of her and what I think she's doing. Then I guess they can proceed however they see fit.Again, thanks everyone! This place is great!

Keep in mind that not all walkies have the AP channel on them.

Our AP stays on four, but they have private channels 5 and 6 on their walkies. They usually carry two walkies: the normal one stays on channel one, the one with the extra channels stays on four. So you can usually reach them no matter what.

Your sbux walkie goes on the AP channels? I think in my store the only ones that do are those carried by the TPS/APTL and the STL that I know of. ETLs perhaps but theirs don't have the silver target logo like the other ones do.

All walkies should at least go to channel 4.

Your sbux walkie goes on the AP channels? I think in my store the only ones that do are those carried by the TPS/APTL and the STL that I know of. ETLs perhaps but theirs don't have the silver target logo like the other ones do.

At my store, we call Hardlines 4 on channel 1 and ask them to switch to a privacy channel (2 or 4). Only AP and the LOD have access to the AP channels.

At my store, SB doesn't even get a walkie because we're so short of equipment :(

At my store SB and FA just call GSTL to get in touch with AP or LOD. I find it best for things like that to call with phone once the guest has stepped away and if no one is manning phone I write down details to give them when they can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back