Archived Calling me in on the daily??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lately I've been getting called into work almost every single day for the past week or two to come in either early for my shift, stay later on my shift, or to come in on my day off. Sometimes I say yes, but most of the time no because I do a lot of other things outside of my work schedule.

Not sure if this is a good or bad thing, or if it's just something simple like someone called out, it's super busy, or whatever other reason it might be.

But my question is if this happens to anyone else? And is it okay to just flat out say no I can't I am busy?

yea the reasons why they do it is like you said...busy, call outs etc.

and yes, it is ok to say no to them, you wont get in trouble, they might bitch at you later, but no, you will be fine if you say no to them.

This is a symptom of the rampant underscheduling that is hitting Target lately. Combine that with people, who don't get the hours they need deciding not to show up, the schedule becomes very delicate. A reasonable schedule would not be demolished by a call-out.

Get the hours while you can. I have managed to rack up barely 1,000 hours by this week, pretty sad. I know I turned down a lot of call-in shifts.

Sometimes you have to say no, unless they are willing to allow OT.
I agree. Get all of the hours that you can while you can.

Just make sure you don't work more than six consecutive days.

There's nothing against six consecutive days where I work. In fact I've done it many times. The thing is not to work seven days straight in the same work week. (In other words you cannot work from Sunday to Saturday straight, but if you work Wednesday to Tuesday straight it doesn't count because it's logged as two separate weeks.)

Just make sure you don't work more than six consecutive days.

There's nothing against six consecutive days where I work. In fact I've done it many times. The thing is not to work seven days straight in the same work week. (In other words you cannot work from Sunday to Saturday straight, but if you work Wednesday to Tuesday straight it doesn't count because it's logged as two separate weeks.)

Maybe it's just my store's rule then.

Believe it or not my store has been asking flow to come in an hour or 2 early to get pulls started or to catch up on backstock constantly for atleast the last 2 weeks, they are now starting to SCHEDULE people overtime 1-2 hours coming in early and staying late if at all possible

Sometimes you have to say no, unless they are willing to allow OT.
I agree. Get all of the hours that you can while you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back