Archived Calling Out Ahead of time

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I know I cannot work when I am scheduled because I have class (and they are aware) but I need to call out, should I call out ahead of time or that day? I feel so guilty calling out but I have to

There's something called communication, just let your team leader and ETL know and see if there's any way to work around it, swap work days, start later and end later, etc. Other-wise you'll have to call out the night before or the morning of.

There's something called communication, just let your team leader and ETL know and see if there's any way to work around it, swap work days, start later and end later, etc. Other-wise you'll have to call out the night before or the morning of.

Nope. According to the same ETL who told me the wise words "Target pays you to do, not think," you have to call out the day of. So if you are scheduled at 6am, you have to call that morning, not the night before.

Calling out days before does not help. The LOD the day of needs to know that you're going to be out. They're not going to remember that 1 TM called out 3 days ago. Talk to your ETL to see if they can take you off the schedule. If that doesn't work, find someone to cover you. If you can't find someone, call out the day of and speak to the LOD.

Nope. According to the same ETL who told me the wise words "Target pays you to do, not think," you have to call out the day of. So if you are scheduled at 6am, you have to call that morning, not the night before.

Asants!

Put your shift on Kronos, try asking other TMs if they can swap shifts, etc. Try to get that shift covered before calling out.

But anyway, you can’t call out ahead of time. Only the day of, preferably more than 2 hours in advance.

The best thing for all Is notice - let someone (HR/ETL/TL/LOD/other tm that can pick up shif) know as far in advance as possible so that coverage can be found.
Then, if you were NOT taken OFF the schedule, you STILL MUST call-out THAT day to the LOD to ensure you are not flagged as a no call/no show. As early in the day as possible is best.
Poster was right that even the night before notice does not count cause it may not be remembered. Call-out lists are DAILY.

Oh they are well aware. Told them before I was scheduled, when I was scheduled, and multiple times after that I could not work that day. I obviously communicated that. Its not communication, it’s target not doing anything about it. Just wondering when to call out not when to tell them I can’t work

Oh they are well aware. Told them before I was scheduled, when I was scheduled, and multiple times after that I could not work that day. I obviously communicated that. Its not communication, it’s target not doing anything about it. Just wondering when to call out not when to tell them I can’t work
Did you put in a time off request on mytime?

But did you put in a time off request or change of availability request in the computer? A couple weeks ago at the location I work at there was a sign above the time clock reminding TMs that verbally telling an etl, tl, or hr doesn't count. I'm usually scheduled against my availability & just tell someone and they either take me off or move my shift without issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back