Archived Calling out questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've been going in for a couple days in a row now and I was thinking of calling out, the thing is though that I just started work this week so would it look bad if I called out tomorrow? If it doesn't then how would I go about letting them know I'm not coming in?

so you're not sick but you just want to call in because you've worked a couple of days in a row?

Call the Lod, 2 hours before you start. If you are under 90 days, don't do it.

so you're not sick but you just want to call in because you've worked a couple of days in a row?

If you are sick, cool.
But I certainly wouldn't recommend calling out during your 90 days for anything less then major illness or you will be looking at the bad side of by-by.
And there's no unemployment from a trial period.
If you're calling out because the job is more wearing than you thought it would be, I'm sorry to be a bitch but either quit or suck it up.
People are counting on you to show up (or at least they will be pretty soon).

If you are under 90 days and you call in, you might as well start applying for another job.

Stores are right now finding any excuse to cut corners or performance out anyone.

Lol, sorry about the miscommunication I was having some serious back issues from standing up for so long and I just wanted to go in with a doctor and make sure everything was okay. Luckily I got the first response quickly enough and went in so I'll just go see the doctor when I'm next off.

If I didn't suck it up sometimes I wouldn't be a very good "SupaMan" now would I?:pardon:

Get some insoles and see if that helps. It can take a while to get used to retail, but unless you have preexisting back problems or are elderly, you probably just need to suck it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back