Archived Calling out

Status
Not open for further replies.
So after tossing and turning in my bed for the last 3 hours and 45 minutes I've decided that I'm clearly not going to fall asleep tonight, and I am supposed to be getting up for work in another 3 hours. I'm thinking about calling out because at that point I will have been awake for over 24 hours and don't feel like collapsing at work when I eventually do crash. Will I be able to reach any one if I call my store at 6 in the morning to let them know I wont be able to come in? or will I be connected to an answering machine and leave them thinking that I'm a no show? I don't call out very often at all, and I really hate doing it, so I'm just curious.

So after tossing and turning in my bed for the last 3 hours and 45 minutes I've decided that I'm clearly not going to fall asleep tonight, and I am supposed to be getting up for work in another 3 hours. I'm thinking about calling out because at that point I will have been awake for over 24 hours and don't feel like collapsing at work when I eventually do crash. Will I be able to reach any one if I call my store at 6 in the morning to let them know I wont be able to come in? or will I be connected to an answering machine and leave them thinking that I'm a no show? I don't call out very often at all, and I really hate doing it, so I'm just curious.

Yes someone will be available just when you call hit zero immediately and hold.

I've never heard about holding zero before. I kept trying once and I didn't get ahold of a person until about an hour and a half after my shift was supposed to start. It angered me because I was supposed to be there at 8 and I couldn't call off till 9:30. Does holding zeroe really work?

I've never heard about holding zero before. I kept trying once and I didn't get ahold of a person until about an hour and a half after my shift was supposed to start. It angered me because I was supposed to be there at 8 and I couldn't call off till 9:30. Does holding zeroe really work?

Think he meant just press zero. Not actually hold it down.

When you call, hit zero and the phones will ring. During open hours, you would reach the operator, but you'll get the night ring instead. If your store has an overnight team, then someone will definitely be around to answer.

Yeah I meant press zero, stay on hold and wait for someone to answer. Pressing zero will ring the night bell and eventually they will answer it.

Oh cool. I had an 8 o'clock shift once and I felt like hell, I kept calling and calling and calling. I then was stuck sick in the bathroom for about an hour after my shift was supposed to call and they were calling me wondering where I was. Nobody ever shared this trick with me before. Good to know now. Thank you for the tip. Will definitely do that for the future if it ever happens again.

Redbull, dude. Chug lots of redbull.

Call off during the flow process, especially right after the truck unload has started. It really makes the ETL-LOG happy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back