I'm Lost! Calling out?

Hey guys I could use some advice. 2 weeks ago I called out twice due to fever symptoms. I haven’t been sleeping because I have crippling anxiety. Part of me wants to call out because i am not functioning right. What to do? Will this affect me later?

This pandemic has increased the cases of anxiety and depression. I had my yearly checkup with my primary care physician (via video chat) and he said since this has begun his diagnosing and scripting for anxiety has more than doubled. Anxiety meds are now his most prescribed medications.

First, make use of the help lines Target offers all TMs. If someone doesn't post them here, I will post them as soon as I can.

Second, if you can see a doctor and get diagnosed with anxiety, you may want to try for an unpaid medical leave of absence.

Lastly, you (and everyone else) has every reason to be anxious. Not only about the disease itself, but also how some other people are ignoring recommendations and going into stores as if this is nothing.

Be safe and good luck!

Be sure to keep track of days and times when you are feeling the crippling anxiety symptoms. Tell your doctor as well as the help line. You might be able to take a medical LOA. Ask your doctor if there's a chance you can get COVID-19 testing, since you are classified as an "essential worker". Hopefully you won't test positive for COVID-19 but if you are combined with a professional's diagnosis of acute anxiety (probably needs to be from a licensed counselor or psychiatrist) you might have the "related symptom" putting you at-risk which would qualify for the 30-day paid coronavirus leave, but I am assuming you aren't COVID-19 positive and hope you aren't.

Back