Archived Cameras in breakroom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dutifulTM

Cashier
Was wondering as to whether or not there are, because people keep taking my food and I'm curious as to if there's any way to find out who's doing it?

Put some thin sliced chicken livers or sardines in sandwich with lettuce & tomato, that my stop that person from stealing it.

I prefer to switch up my diet. Sometimes i just keep the muffins in the locker (shhh don't tell) until my lunch.

I'd suggest doing the same and adding some heavy laxatives to whatever sort food you have been putting in there, leave it named as per usual. Wait for the fun.

I picked up a nice big lunch bag when it went clearance in In With the New. It can hold breakfast and lunch! Put a big ice pack in it every day and keep it in my locker. One less lunch bag stuffed in the refrigerator and no one can get to it!

Just ask AP to put up an empty dome and a note by the timeclock talking about "measures being put in place to prevent theft of food from the refrigerators."

We had someone who ended up just writing notes on the food like, "Don't steal this food, I licked it."

Someone else wrote, "So did I ;)" under it. Not sure if that sandwich was ever eaten.

After losing my lunch several times (no, not the barf variety), I made a sandwich out of tuna-flavored cat food.
After it disappeared, I left a note on the fridge addressed to the "person who took my cat-food sandwich" then watched to see who looked ill.

A friend at a place I worked at during college went one better.
This guy kept mooching everyone's lunch & denying it so she made some chicken salad but but a little bread wad in the middle filled with some powdered Rit dye. After lunch, everyone kept asking him about his blue teeth.
Rumor had it that he pooped cobalt for a few days after.

A friend at a place I worked at during college went one better.
This guy kept mooching everyone's lunch & denying it so she made some chicken salad but but a little bread wad in the middle filled with some powdered Rit dye. After lunch, everyone kept asking him about his blue teeth.
Rumor had it that he pooped cobalt for a few days after.

I was gonna suggest this but you beat me to it. I remember you PMing me about it a while back when a co-worker of mine kept getting his lunch stolen.

I ''lost'' my headphones, and some people ''lost'' phones in our breakroom. Food is nothing, people!

A couple of years ago someone stole a bunch of DVDs out of the break room that had built up over the years from movie days and such.
The AP guy got rather peeved, pulled out the TV, DVD player and the rest of the DVDs.
He also installed a camera, which I'm told he got in trouble for.
It was taken out and the TV returned a few days later.
I got this second hand but apparently he was reamed because Spot prefers that there not be official domes in the break room (bad for moral).
Does anybody know if this is true?

I don't know much about the directives, but I remember talking to my AP once about this exact situation and he told me that they aren't allowed to put cameras in offices or the breakroom (and a few other offstage areas) because there is an expectation of privacy.

Some people leave food in our fridge for our days on end. Our ETLs said while the fridge will be cleaned out once a week the expectation is that you only bring enough food for your shift. If you bring too much food then bring it home with you at the end of your shift. If its apparent that the food has been in there for a few days clearly somebody forgot about it so we have been told its free for all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back