Service & Engagement Can A Great Guest Comment get you in trouble?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need Advice. So I Vibe With A Guest and Made Her Shopping Experience Wonderful. She left a Great Comment on How i Made her a Day A Blessing And A Christmas Miracle. She said that I Ask How Much She Think Is The Item Worth...and since She Said I Said Im On Correct of Action be cause of what the guest Said. I've been with this company for a long Time and I'm on 6 months probation because of what she said i Said Which is Falsely Wrong But made her happy. Can Someone help me find the policy on transaction be cause TL Said Im Giving the Store Away.#Help

I don't understand. What happened with the guest?

It looks like they said to the guest how much do you think the item is worth and when the guest mentioned it in their positive survey it came off like they were bartering with the guest maybe. That's how I took it

Nothing The Guest Was Happy but My TL said Since the Guest Statement Said I Ask How Much She Think Its Worth, is Giving The Store away or Against Target Guideline or Policy and I've Been with Target 7 years

I am confused. Did you scan the item and the how much is this message popped up on the screen and you asked if she remembered what the price tag said?

Of course, the reason she was happy because of Vibe. Also in her Statement: Her totally came up to 30 or So and it seem to high for the guest and she ask how much the dress was, which was 20 and she thought that didn't seem right ( this was couple days af. Black Friday) i normally ask how much you think it was and She said 8, could have been a old sign up and we are in powerd up to 20 for a vibe or to check the next guest out.

We can adjust prices up to $90! We are told to never question the guest and just do it. Black Friday and the day after all apparel was 40% off. How did you word your question? Did you ask the guest how she she thought it was worth or did you ask the guest what the price tag said?

I think it all depends on how you actually worded it. I probably would've checked with someone before dropping the price from $20 to $8, since that's a 60% drop.

I think it all depends on how you actually worded it. I probably would've checked with someone before dropping the price from $20 to $8, since that's a 60% drop.

I think it all depends on the wording as well. We are supposed to adjust prices without questioning the Guest and just do it. Someone brings up a tv and it rings up $290 and guest says hey it's only $200, we have to adjust it and not question the price at all.

I think it all depends on the wording as well. We are supposed to adjust prices without questioning the Guest and just do it. Someone brings up a tv and it rings up $290 and guest says hey it's only $200, we have to adjust it and not question the price at all.
You should be questioning that. A $90 price cut is pretty significant.

Vibing is good but don't do it to the point where you put your job in jeopardy.

You should be questioning that. A $90 price cut is pretty significant.

Vibing is good but don't do it to the point where you put your job in jeopardy.

I know, it's a HUGE price cut! We get talked to if we question the price!! I was hired in September and almost fell over when I was told to just adjust up to $90. I asked my ETL and GSTL about it too and they confirmed. Every Monday morning we have a meeting and get reminded to adjust up to $90 and not to question the price. Personally I think it's crazy. I could understand $10, maybe $20. At my store they call it vibing and empowering the cashiers. I am sure we have guests who take advantage of the very generous price adjustment policy. We have to take expired coupons as well, even if they are several months expired. Pretty soon, we will probably required to wash the guests cars if they ask for it lol. We have to say yes to everything now.

I know, it's a HUGE price cut! We get talked to if we question the price!! I was hired in September and almost fell over when I was told to just adjust up to $90. I asked my ETL and GSTL about it too and they confirmed. Every Monday morning we have a meeting and get reminded to adjust up to $90 and not to question the price. Personally I think it's crazy. I could understand $10, maybe $20. At my store they call it vibing and empowering the cashiers. I am sure we have guests who take advantage of the very generous price adjustment policy. We have to take expired coupons as well, even if they are several months expired. Pretty soon, we will probably required to wash the guests cars if they ask for it lol. We have to say yes to everything now.

No wonder the pay sucks, they're giving everything away lol

Really? Our store doesn't do that....they'll let us adjust some, but not THAT much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back