Archived Can an ETL force me to do cashier training?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I was forced to do cashier training.
Yep. That’s completely acceptable.

It’s now the expectation that all team members are trained in various tasks, so that they can further contribute to our mission, which is to service our guests. You’ll be scheduled at times in line with when guest traffic is the highest, and when the store is in need, you’ll have to partake in backup cashiering.

Yep. That’s completely acceptable.

It’s now the expectation that all team members are trained in various tasks, so that they can further contribute to our mission, which is to service our guests. You’ll be scheduled at times in line with when guest traffic is the highest, and when the store is in need, you’ll have to partake in backup cashiering.
Yes. That's usually how it goes as 95% of TMs in the building are expected to respond for backup if the lanes get busy. Nearly everyone needs to be familiar with how the Target POS works.

I don't like cashier. For this reason I applied for inbound and hired as inbound team.

I will do more harm that good as a cashier.

Believe me, man. Everyone in your building that is not a Cashier/GSTM is thinking the same thing. They all still have to do it whether or not they want to.

I will do more harm that good as a cashier.
I’m not trying to be disrespectful or insensitive, but unless you have a legitimate reason to not have to cashier, I would either start looking for a new job before they push you out, or along the lines of what @Dog said, bring in a doctors note, but it’ll probably need to say something like autism or an inability to do simple math etc. Anxiety might be a hard sell. Frankly, same with autism. I’ve had autistic TMs, with the exception of one, they’ve all been able to cashier.

I’m not trying to be disrespectful or insensitive, but unless you have a legitimate reason to not have to cashier, I would either start looking for a new job before they push you out, or along the lines of what @Dog said, bring in a doctors note, but it’ll probably need to say something like autism or an inability to do simple math etc. Anxiety might be a hard sell.
When I applied for inbound online it did not mention anything about cashier. when I was in high school I was a cashier at McDonald for one day because I frozen. I was in honor calculus so math is a no go.

apply to be reverse logistics. They literally don’t help guests at all nor are they expected to lol

I had one u boat full of repacks today and didn't finish it because of all the guests needing help. It seemed like every other one needed to talk at length about the product, or I had to get it from the back--how the hell is inbound/DBO supposed to get the push done, help guests, AND backup cashier, on top of the OTHER shit they're supposed to do?

I don't like cashier. For this reason I applied for inbound and hired as inbound team.
Even as inbound tm when you had your interview you were asked if you would be able to process all transactions such as dairy , food etc scan and bag all item quickly . To which you said yes otherwise you wouldn’t be hired . You were probably told at the time that inbound doesn’t really cashier , however the things are changed and target is going forward with guest oriented and not task oriented even tho you will still be asked to finish your task as you backup cashier .

H
he also does opu , pulls auto if needed and sfs. It’s just how it has to be . I’m sfs and gmtl pp1 so I need to make sure at the end of the day things gets done . Don’t get me wrong I pulled all his mirs and shipped them this week so he is not left in a limbo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back