Archived Can I be fired for a positive drug test if...

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I'm on amphetamines, I just had to give them my Dr.s name or something like that. They just have to verify it.

Unless you're shooting heroin if you have a prescription you're good.

No, I'm on amphetamines, I just had to give them my Dr.s name or something like that. They just have to verify it.

My initial hiring drug test, never detected my Adderall prescription, and I take that everyday so... It wouldn't be hard to detect.

OP - If it's a painkiller, like Vicodin or Perocet, be sure to tell them about it. You'll definitely test positive for opiod's.

And make sure they write down the doctor's office phone number, and doctor name. Don't just show them the bottle.

I'm working it out with the testing company, I'm just afraid it might take too long. I was basically told Target needed to have a negative result in 24 hours or I was termed.

A few TMs were termed for this at my store but they were eventually able to get their jobs back after proving the meds were prescribed.

If it is scripted they can't touch you nor demand you stop taking a scripted medication.

If it's for pain killers...I would say yes.

That would be just asking for the lawyers to get involved. The are some of us I this world who can't function without them. Cause they haven't invented cures for arthritis, disc herniation, and nerve damage and many other extremely painful chronic conditions. I love here take the narcotics since we have no other options but you will to be blame for everything that ever happens be it your fault or not.

Sorry always end up on a rant cause its been a long fight for me.

I'm curious, did you have this drug in your system, when you had your accident?

Or... Did you get a prescription afterwards for the pain?

The are some of us I this world who can't function without them. Cause they haven't invented cures for arthritis, disc herniation, and nerve damage and many other extremely painful chronic conditions.
There are nerve pain injections, and other things. Too bad they don't do very much (at all) for most people. It's just a way for doctors to milk insurance, imo.

There's also surgery. But, 9 times out 10, more damage is done than, can be corrected. Like you said, their really isn't any options, but medications, or just living through pain.

I love here take the narcotics since we have no other options but you will to be blame for everything that ever happens be it your fault or not..
I think Narcotics are a nasty word. I mean for chronic pain... pain medications are simply a necessary evil. The problem is... you have idiots who come out of the wood work, looking for ways to get high. And then... shady ass doctor's who operate "pill mills" and hand out scripts to anyone who walks in.

Those stupid apples ruin it for everyone else. If safely dosed & carefully watched over by a physician, I think it's pretty safe to treat pain.

Beyond that though. Their are documented studies on Chronic Pain Management, that clearly show, a persons judgement is not adversely effected by low doses of prescribed pain killers. I mean, if someone only has 5mg of Vicodin, in their system... I think it's quite obvious, they are not impaired. (This is not true always, but.. it is for *most* people.)

The real problem is... Insurance Companies, looking for anyway they can to screw hard-working american's over. But, that's a story for another time.

That would be just asking for the lawyers to get involved. The are some of us I this world who can't function without them. Cause they haven't invented cures for arthritis, disc herniation, and nerve damage and many other extremely painful chronic conditions. I love here take the narcotics since we have no other options but you will to be blame for everything that ever happens be it your fault or not.

Sorry always end up on a rant cause its been a long fight for me.
You would have to prove you weren't "high" when the accident happened. Even if you have a RX. Which might be hard.

You would have to prove you weren't "high" when the accident happened. Even if you have a RX. Which might be hard.
Where are you getting your info? They could try to say she was "impaired" as in taking more than a theraputic dose, but that is a very grey area with a huge burden of proof that would be theirs to prove.

Dude if you got a script, you're good. They say don't abused prescribed drugs, but Unless you decided it was a good idea to take 5 Xanax before work and you were passed out in the sofa display, how could they know if you abuse the medicine? Don't get hurt while working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back