Archived Can I be terminated for losing a walkie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to get another one yesterday after losing it. They are aware I misplaced it.

No... It's not like you lost it outside. It's in the store somewhere. You might get a coaching, but fired... No.

EDIT: Nvm, just read you're on a final. Good luck mate.

I probably did drop it outside. Since I have a final for attendance, a coaching for equipment wouldn't get me terminated?

If you've been doing well after the final, I highly doubt it so don't stress it. You're a cart attendant for crying out loud, shit happens.

I took keys home on accident multiple times and never received the first corrective action, final warning.. or heard anything about it other than being scolded. I'm the only person who uses my keys though. But ASANTS.. it depends on how liked you are in your store i guess..

Those 'lil bastardos retail for $160 apiece.

Well, lots of thick metaled walls.

You can't be expecting egg in your beer, now...

If you are constantly losing equipment you can be terminated.

By the way....

Regular walkies cost about $60 a piece to the store. AP walkies (have channel 5 and 6) run about $75.

MyDevices are around $500 to order new. PDAs are about $1,000 to order new.

These are SAP prices. Obviously Target gets wholesale prices on these items.

Last edited:
At my old store they didn't play with this. If you took a walkie or a MyDevice or anything like that out of the store or lost it (we had to check them in and out) it was an automatic final warning. Scared everyone shitless but it was effective.

Our store has cracked down hard on equipment check in and out, lately. They claim it came from above, but I don't know (nor do I care). They worded it to us that the person "may" receive a CCA for losing equipment. So in other words, if they like you, you're fine, but if they're after you, you're SOL.

My store doesn't play. They are super strict with walkies!! They make everyone sign in and out and if they don't sign back in they come after them. Crazy...... I remember once they said backroom team forgot to sign out your walkies come back here and they had all sign them! Definitely keeps everyone on their toes!

Our store has cracked down hard on equipment check in and out, lately. They claim it came from above, but I don't know (nor do I care). They worded it to us that the person "may" receive a CCA for losing equipment. So in other words, if they like you, you're fine, but if they're after you, you're SOL.
I heard something similar. AP now spends about an hour every day tracking down equipment that hasn't been signed out. Not sure if any coachings/CCAs have occurred yet.

My store just handed out sheets for us to sign. Any equipment lost is an automatic final. According to the sheet we started off with 30 myDs and now only have 11. They listed the cost to replace each one and a list of rules. They're now doing random checks throughout the day.

I will not sign out a PDA now because I will not wear that stupid holster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back