Archived Can I do something nice for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally boycott black Friday since I used to work retail...but I'm wondering. If I could bring something to your store and give to you while on the floor just to ease the stress of the day a bit, what would it be? Examples could be coffee, red bull, donuts, pizza...or just 5 min of me folding shirts while you take a quick mental break. ..looking for ideas...thanks

Well, personally, all I would like is a can of soda, someone to help me fold Fan Central and listen to me rant a bit.

I will gladly take some soda! Gonna need that caffine tonight

Either a soda (pizza would be a bit awkward to accept) or just a pleasant conversation and a compliment. So many people at this time of year are nothing but rude. Taking two extra seconds to be kind goes so far....and it's a serious morale booster when I'm choking back tears for being yelled at for something that's out of my control.

Personally I would be happiest with an empty store. All of the people who say they are outraged at he commercialization of Christmas are the first ones in lines. Put your words into action. I think it would be awesome if all stores reported huge deficits because of their greed to hasten the holiday.

I personally boycott black Friday since I used to work retail...but I'm wondering. If I could bring something to your store and give to you while on the floor just to ease the stress of the day a bit, what would it be? Examples could be coffee, red bull, donuts, pizza...or just 5 min of me folding shirts while you take a quick mental break. ..looking for ideas...thanks

Give a Target gift card, can even be $2, then they can get whatever they want.

A soda.. candy bar.. anything that's a nice break from the craziness. I once got $2 from a lady when I helped her load a bunch of heavy items in her car (she was older) and told me to buy a soda. It really made my day and I was in a good mood for the rest of my shift.

You can do something nice for me...when I say that the Black Friday ad is valid until Sunday so you get the merchandise at the ad price if we get it by then, don't argue with me. If something went on sale at 6 p.m. with limited quantities, don't get mad at me when it's 11 p.m. and we're out. Oh and go buy some deodorant, since you're near HBA anyhow.
Yeah, Black Friday at Walmart was loads of fun. The best part of the shift was my lunch hour, when I was able to escape the store for most of it.

The fact that you care enough to consider doing something like that makes all the difference in the world. The snacks, beverages, zoning help, conversations, etc. would be a welcome bonus.

I was going to bring some of my friends still with Target some turkey and fixins, but the weather ruined that

Target giving their TM's a seasonal/quarterly bonus (LIKE WAL-MART DOES), Target doing the extra %'s OFF brand names (LIKE IN YEARS PAST), Target NOT low-balling the crap out of TM's by offering them a lousy extra $1/hr for the busiest time of year.. and the list goes on and on. Somehow cheap soda with high fructose corn syrup just really doesn't do it for me anymore-- nor should it for anybody else. For Shame.

Lauren,

Wondering did you end up giving Your local target employees something? How did it go?

Ah well.....it was a fun fantasy any way.
Back to work.

I would've been happy if someone brought Beyonce... or if they just played a little Bey. She puts such a pep in my step.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back