Archived can i get in trouble for....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just asking. A new cashier here. Will I get in trouble for overriding some price change that a guest challenges me. And will I also get in trouble for some coupons that asks me to either accept or decline without checking if they really bought the exact product.

Just asking. A new cashier here. Will I get in trouble for overriding some price change that a guest challenges me. And will I also get in trouble for some coupons that asks me to either accept or decline without checking if they really bought the exact product.
You are NOT going to get in trouble! Target's new "thing" is saying "yes" to the guest no matter what.

I'm not completely cashier trained but from what I gather as long as you're being reasonable about it? You should be okay. When I'm backup cashiering I'm not going to hold up everybody's day to get confirmation on how much a pair of socks are or to explain to a guest that their $1 coupon doesn't apply to the two things of almond milk they brought up. I think I was told for my "training" that if its a >$20 difference, adjust the price but I could be wrong; also I'm pretty sure if you try to change it past a certain threshold it'll prompt for supervisor numbers anyways?

Just to be sure though, I'd double-check with your GSA/GSTL , to see what they say; some stores are a little more strict about coupons and the like than others are.

ASANTS, but regarding coupons, be smart. I'm known for being a coupon hard-ass, but the official policy is to be pretty lenient. Allow bad coupons, but explain the issue.

As for price changes, use your best judgement. If it seems realistic and it's not much, I'd change it. Any doubts/questions, call over the GSA/GSTL.

I would also suggest talking to your GSTL/GSA about what the store wants you to do. Also if the situation makes you uncomfortable gust get your GSTL/GSA over to help you.

You can check the price of an item on your register. It will tell you the sale associated with it. I haven't cashiered in a while so I forgot which key it is.
My experience is that people don't know how to read sale signs. They always buy 1 package when the signs say you need to buy at least 2 to get the sale.

As for coupons, I always did accept anyway. And I read at my store that now they accept expired coupons.
When in doubt, call for help.

i accept the coupons anyway unless i know for sure it's not even close to the item or if the coupon takes off more than the product is selling for. and i'll override prices when they're under 5 dollars (if the item is pretty cheap to begin with) or 8 dollars (if the item is more than like 30 dollars), but that's just me. i for sure call my gsa over if it is more than 10 dollars because my store is pretty good about checking and it's usually pretty fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back