Archived can i use the same story for more than 1 answered in the interview?

• Thread starter TargetHopeful2012
  • Start date
  • Replies 8
  • Views 2K
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TargetHopeful2012

I was just wondering if I can use the same story multiple times during the interview if it applies to more than 1 of the questions or if I have to come up with different stories for each question?

I was just wondering if I can use the same story multiple times during the interview if it applies to more than 1 of the questions or if I have to come up with different stories for each question?

...Really?

Which do you think is the better idea?

Of course you can use the same story to answer multiple questions. Is the interviewer going to stop you and force you to come up with something else? Or automatically disqualify you from the job? Of course not. But unless you come up with a completely different angle to the story, and can show how a different aspect of the story, which you hadn't touched upon before, illustrates something different which you learned, or how you applied a different skill, etc., you're obviously going to want to use a different story instead.

You already knew that.

here are some great links done by the us dept of labor for employment & training:
http://www.doleta.gov/usworkforce/wia/act.cfm
it has several links for training & jobs offers for the federal, state, local governments & private sectors. they offer several tyoes of assistance programs: for ex: job loss, training, career opps, find a job, & self assessment of yourself(help you find that career).
http://www.doleta.gov/jobseekers/

these programs are paid for by taxpayers & various govt agencies. most services are free or at little cost to you.
i hope this helps!

If you are talking about TL interviews (honestly, TM ones are pretty lax if you ask me) then you need a different situation for each question for that interview... However, you can repeat yourself in different rooms since the questions each interviewer asks are basically the same!

During my team lea interviews I used the same situations in different interviews but not with the same person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back