Archived can i void missed salvage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes a salvage item will be scanned into sort twice, I'm able to void with defective salvage because it has an LP. missed salvage only prints a white label. Is there any way to void one of those items out of the box?

You mean the missed salvage item was accidently scanned twice?
If the white label has a process number (much like the lic plate on defectives), you could - in theory - attempt to key it in lieu of a lic plate number while in the "void LP" screen.
Otherwise, no.

What red said. Also if you scan an item into sort, you can hit the Void key and void your last scan.

What red said. Also if you scan an item into sort, you can hit the Void key and void your last scan.

If that works, would you then dispose of the Missed Salvage ticket and pretend it was never printed?

Yeh, just like a voided lic plate - peel off & toss AFTER the void.
Main thing is to void it from system.

If you don't voided it is fine also. All it is telling you is that there is an item that is not in the system anymore and that it needs to be placed in salvage. It has no effect on inventory.

If you don't voided it is fine also. All it is telling you is that there is an item that is not in the system anymore and that it needs to be placed in salvage. It has no effect on inventory.

You sure on that one? When an item gets marked as "missed salvage" it goes in with the regular "def salvage" items. Isn't it going to count against you as a shortage in your defectives?

Our "defective" salvage goes in a box separate from our "missed" salvage; different stickers on the outside, too - dark green for defective, key lime for missed.

We pack all our missed and defective salvage together. I think StaticSun makes a good point but maybe someone here knows for sure.

Best Practice says to put def salvage/missed salvage in the same box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back