Archived Can you appeal your review

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I got my review less than 2 weeks ago, and I fell into the middle category and only got an $.09 raise. I've been a Cashier at my Target for almost 3 years. There are actually only 2 cashiers still remaining from when I started. I am for sure the most knowledgeable Cashier they have.

I've been pretty vocal about training for Guest Services, and they've finally switched me to Guest Services permanently.

It's hard to explain without rambling that I should have bordered the highest category. My GSTL wrote my review, but the former ETL for the Front End (he's backroom now) gave me my review and said I deserved a lot more. Is there anyway I can appeal it?

When they give you the review you have a place for your comments but that is it. Nothing is going to change that.

Nine cents is a lousy raise. I would rather get nothing than that. If I DID get nine cents I would have sent it to corporate as a donation for the "Gregg Steinhafel Golden Parachute Fund."

Are all raises based on a percentage of your hourly rate, now? When I first started 15 years ago, raises were a flat amount if you worked at Target for more than a year (pro-rated if you were under a year). I got a 3% raise this year because I got an EX, but I thought since I was at the cap, it was a percentage rather than an amount. It seems that all team members are getting a percentage, now.

Forgive me, if I missed a thread discussing this...

Last edited:
Drake sadly enough corp. Determines how much raise you get.. leads have to "make it fit" for example my store majority of staff received ie and then some got a higher score and to even it out some got no raise.. so be happy you got the raise you did

Yeah pretty much the store is told you have this amount to give out in raises and it is only enough to give most people average to below average raises so they make your review up to reflect that. So your review pretty much has nothing to do with your performance.

Yeah pretty much the store is told you have this amount to give out in raises and it is only enough to give most people average to below average raises so they make your review up to reflect that. So your review pretty much has nothing to do with your performance.

QFT.

frabz-No-d79fae.jpg

A couple of years ago, I got a very low increase. I worked in 3 very important areas that only myself and maybe 2 others know in the entire store. I can't say too much on here. Anyhow, I pitched a fit to my etl-hr. He had me explain why I deserve more and I did explain. He somehow got me about .20 more than what I had initially received.

What is qft?

Had to google it.
QFT is an expression of agreement and support, where the user stands behind you and one of your statements. This commonly occurs in controversial topics where opinions are very heated, and people will choose sides in an argument. If someone "quotes you for truth", they are paying you a compliment, and siding with you in the discussion.

A couple of years ago, I got a very low increase. I worked in 3 very important areas that only myself and maybe 2 others know in the entire store. I can't say too much on here. Anyhow, I pitched a fit to my etl-hr. He had me explain why I deserve more and I did explain. He somehow got me about .20 more than what I had initially received.
More then likely they thought you'd quit and they couldn't afford to lose yah

Wonder if I should've pitched a fit over my $0.08 IE last month. Suppose I won't bother rating a stink until it's not pro-rated though.

yes, Quoted For Truth. QFT - reviews can often have little to do with your performance.

The reviews are rigged and unless you are well liked by bosses, your raise will be crappy.

Having been with the Bullseye for well over a decade, I make a very nice wage. I have also always received some level of increase. This year, no raise, even with an 'E' score...said I was 'topped out' at my wage at that score....Ah, ok...so I got a 78, had I received and 80 (EX) I would have received a 2% increase. Yeah, something is wrong here.....I would have rather received a score of 70 then to be so close......Oh yeah, they would love me to quit...o_O

The reviews may be rigged, but that doesn't mean you can't go to your ETL and ask them to go over it with you to determine why you got the review you did...if nothing else, it remind them how much the entire process sucks. ;-)

Reminding ETLs of negative things about the store is a no-no at the store I work at. I think I work at one of the worst ones but that's just me. From my experience, you just have to take the crap they're serving. You may not like it but it's in your best interests to just lay down and submit.

And yes, the reviews are rigged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back