Archived Can you be fired for an closed checking account with BCU (target credit union)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've read that you can get written up for bounced checks and going delinquent on your card. My advice is to call the number on your card
and maybe try to work out some payment plan.

There's also a thread about it here.

FRS IS Target. It's Financial and Retail Services, one of the Pyramids of HQ (like Stores, Facilities, Legal, Merchandising). They issue all redcards (which are underwritten by Target National Bank, which can be simplified to Target Corporation.)

You bet your ass they can fire you for being delinquent on your card, though I'm surprised they don't have a provision for garnishing your wages to start repaying the card (that's probably governed by federal labor laws, superseding Target.)

This isn't a red card though. An overdrawn checking account through Baxter Credit union, aka target credit union. That will probably be shut down.

Target Credit Union is a division of Baxter Credit Union. So if you're not specifically owing money to Target credit union, Target probably can't perform any punitive actions against you. However if you owe money specifically to Target credit union, I would be a bit more concerned.

REGARDLESS, no matter WHO you owe the money to, you owe it and if it is at all possible, you should contact your creditor and set up a payment arrangement ASAP! Delinquent debt will negatively affect you no matter who the money came from; it's just that much worse if the creditor also has the power to terminate your employment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back