Archived Can you believe they got away with this????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yes, totally can believe it for a lot of reasons. In fact, I think they could easily pull this off at my store. Here is why...

1. Turn over at my store (and I am sure at a lot of stores) is through the freaking roof. Damn near every week, we have at least one new TM being hired to replace one that just quit/got fired. This means lots of new faces on lots of different shifts in lots of different work areas... it would be incredibly easy to pretend to be a new TM and no one would think anything odd about it because there actually are new TMs all the time.

2. As far as the electronics TM opening it for them, again, totally can believe it. At my store, if someone in red and khaki asks you to open something in electronics for them, you do it. Why? Payroll is so damn low that it is almost always one TM back there swarmed by guests. We are constantly calling for backup. (which often times never comes....) If a TM does show up, we assume they either came to help us or got caught by a guest that they are now helping. So, if they want something opened, you do it because it means they are backing you up with a guest.

3. Going on with point two above, we constantly have vendors coming in. Hell, you don't even have to be in red and khaki to get something opened. Just say "I'm a vendor with <insert company name here>" and display one of the 50 or so different kinds of vendors ID's from whatever company you are with, and you've got something unlocked no questions asked. (We have actually had TMs give vendors trouble about this in the past, the vendor then complains to an ETL, and our ETL's damn near threaten to write people up if they "argue" with a vendor in anyway.... so now anyone who says they are a vendor gets anything they want no questions asked..... next thing these thieves will do is probably dress up like vendors....)

4. Final reason I can believe this.... the company has completely gutted AP. How much do you want to bet there was not even one AP person in the store when this happened? I remember years ago it was considered a major issue if we didn't have at least 3 AP people in the store at all times. Now you are lucky if you even have one.

Maybe it's because we're a small store, but there is no way you'd get away with that near closing at our store.

First, we don't have a huge turn over, and anyone new stands out like a sore thumb (save for flow). Second, when the number of people on the floor after 4pm is exactly 3 people (hardlines, softlines and electronics) you know exactly who is there and who they are. Even if they are brand spanking new, you know who they are. Unless it is before noon on a truck day, there is no way that they would get away with that at my store.

To me people who wear red and khaki at Target, but aren't team members stick out like a sore thumb. If these two guys tried this at my store there is no way any of our electronics team members would have been dumb enough to open the headphone case for them.

I don't understand how anyone could think someone is working at your store just because they are wearing a red shirt and khaki pants. Where are their name tags? Why are they coming up to me together? Why are two "team members" wanting me to open a case for seemingly no reason? Seems to be like the team member wasn't the brightest crayon in the box.

Yeah that sort of crap would never fly at my store, unless they physically threatened the electronics TM into opening the case, or knocked him unconscious then used his key to crack it.

New trainees would either be assigned to whoever by the LOD, or the electronics TM would at least be like "hey LOD, did you send 2 brand new trainees back to me just now?" Along with the 15 other reasons why it wouldn't work.

At my store, no name badge means you're off the clock and all new hires, regardless of if we have your name in the bin or not, have to wear a "New Team Member" badge for a bit.

Our Electronics brands rotate shifts often enough that they know pretty much everybody.

Ok, so why didn't they just do this...walk into Spot as two normally dressed people:

"Hi, we're interested in buying a pair of beats."
"Great! Do you know which ones you want?"
"Yes, that pair in the cabinet..."
TM opens the cabinet and the scene plays out without having to dress like an idiot to get the stuff and run.

To me people who wear red and khaki at Target, but aren't team members stick out like a sore thumb. If these two guys tried this at my store there is no way any of our electronics team members would have been dumb enough to open the headphone case for them.

I don't understand how anyone could think someone is working at your store just because they are wearing a red shirt and khaki pants. Where are their name tags? Why are they coming up to me together? Why are two "team members" wanting me to open a case for seemingly no reason? Seems to be like the team member wasn't the brightest crayon in the box.
This team member could have been a new TM still trying to learn all the other team members. I know it took me forever to remember everyone when I first started a couple years ago. Now I only have to remember a couple here and there due to turnover. But yeah, you might be right man, this TM could have be a few french fries short of a happy meal.

On halloween some HS kids thought it would be cool to wear red&khaki and some Spot nametags and walk around our store. Of course our APS and ETL-AP were about 10 feet behind them the entire time. I was leaving for the day so I don't know the endgame of that one but I have a feeling that they may have been asked to leave.

I can guarantee that your electronics brand tms are not getting paid more than a PA unless they've been there a lot longer. PAs are a N09, elec tm and GSA is N07. Not technically an elec brand tm position. Just elec tm.

As for the theft, crazier things have happened...but to choke out a tm? That's taking things too far. Way too far.

while we do have some interesting electronic team members thankfully none of them would ever, EVER, just start opening cases and and handing out items to whatever random person walks by with red and khaki on. now our mobile people? i'm not sure.

Maybe the store has a lot of turnover so new TMs may not be easily recognized by a closing TM.

They'll catch them, they got pretty good pictures so someone will recognize them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back