Archived Can you get in trouble for staying later?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a fair question. I've never heard of a team lead assistant, and I was also wondering if that is an officially recognized position at your store. Or is it just what your store calls it when you are on the bench and in development?

It was a fair question. I've never heard of a team lead assistant, and I was also wondering if that is an officially recognized position at your store. Or is it just what your store calls it when you are on the bench and in development?

I also thought it was fair. It also could have been a new, up-and-coming position with less ETL's in stores.

Like Assistant to the Regional Manager at Dunder Mifflin?

6e8511da966a242a96e64eddbd3478df2e466d9fdb3149ff3e14e226792d6c27.jpg

Yes, you can clock out before schedule but it will show up on your attendance report if it meets the threshold.

The "attendance report" logs TMs who clock in 7-8 minutes or more late (LATE), TMs who clock out 6 minutes or more early (LEFT EARLY), and TMs who clock out 6 minutes or more past schedule (WORK PAST SCHEDULE). It also logs CO and NCNS. The "CAPS" represent the title they are given in the report.

An ETL can hold any of those against you but you really don't have to worry about WORK PAST SCHEDULE at the TM level. Managing payroll is a TL/ETL problem, not a TMs. If you WPS then it is up to the TL/ETL to make sure TMs clock out on time. LPDAs will vibrate when TMs need to clock out if logged in as the LOD so they should know who needs to clock out (if they are logged in as LOD).

I held my TMs accountable for CO, NCNS, and LATE in excess of 15 mins. However, only if there is a pattern. Shit happens so I apply that to attendance issues. My only advice is to avoid overtime. That is a report HR and the STL follow up on. Some stores are more strict about OT than others. I had TMs hit OT at least once a month. It was more of a task for me to prevent it than the TMs responsibility. I was forced to "Coach" them but it was just an informal "Hey you hit overtime, let's do our best to prevent that in the future." Then we finished with a wink and a high five.

What about tms who clock in 6 minutes late and show up on the report? I'm asking because I get coaching the team for the late 15 minutes but when I see the 6 or 7 minutes from when they couldn't get through the door because of the LOD than I think it's unfair. And they can't fill out a punch correction because they'll get coach of they do it more than 3x a month. It's frustrating having to coach them.

@invaderjosie - I can't imagine coaching for several 1-10 minute lates but an ETL could do it. TMs could be coached for anything on the report I just wouldn't waste my time with some of them.

What about tms who clock in 6 minutes late and show up on the report? I'm asking because I get coaching the team for the late 15 minutes but when I see the 6 or 7 minutes from when they couldn't get through the door because of the LOD than I think it's unfair. And they can't fill out a punch correction because they'll get coach of they do it more than 3x a month. It's frustrating having to coach them.

Does your store coach for justified punch corrections? At my store, HR will only coach you if it's your fault (forgot to punch out/in, basically). Timeclock broken, no coaching. And if you're scheduled at 8 but the LOD won't open the door until 8:10, when you put in a punch correction saying "rang bell at 7:55 and 8. Was not let in by LOD Name until 8:10" they wouldn't be coaching you, they'd raise hell with that LOD. A true case of ASANTS.

I know that at my first store you had a 5 minute grace period, after 7 you'd get an informal coaching, and anything after 15(?) you'd pop up on a list for the APL and she would coach you for it.... If i remember correctlY?

At my store, as long as you don't hit compliance and as long as you don't go over your 40 hours you're ok. Being late is a different story. There was a TM that was fired for her excessive tardiness.

i'm instocks and sometimes they push us in all different directions, so when we actually get to our list of research and rigs we only have an hour to shoot, pull, push. (we do most of our own pulls) but im scheduled to work to 1130, and most days i stay till 1230 or almost 1. ive never gotten in trouble. i also work at a profitable store. most days they also tell us to work till we're done though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back