• The Break Room is NOT an official service of Target Corp.
    This is a site run by regular people who are off the clock.
    We do not perform any HR related services, or affect any internal information regarding Target.

Can you negotiate your pay?

I've been with Target for almost 4 years and was offered a new position with more responsabilities and better hours. Problem is, I would be making $0.50 less per hour. When you make just above minimum wage, that 50 cent is A LOT. Can I negotiate and demand they offer me the exact same hourly fee?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah I know, way to show you appreciate good assets to the company. I was wondering if you could negotiate or if the HR people are robots who have to follow a grid strictly.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Why do you want to know the job? I'd rather not specify to remain anonymous.

a pa guy, now i know what job. search the treads for pa or p fresh asst, lots of hard work. .50 cents less is weird. what are you doing now?

You can negotiate pay. I have done it. It isn't easy and you need to be able to justify your request for a higher wage. I met with my STL and HRETL when I did it. I planned carefully and requested an appointment.

depending on your store, you will get that till season ends. have you observe what they do in p-fresh? warning: the freezer backstocking is the hardest thing to do in p-fresh. search our threads/guides for p-fresh. its hard work & not an easy job.
pay changes are not easy to get at my store.