Canceling a Team Member Recognition Event at last minute

GoForMe

Senior Team Member Expert
My store was supposed to have pizza in the breakroom on Friday May 19 to celebrate our hard work getting ready and then having a good corporate visit along with it being National Pizza Party Day today. They said they were doing that during the week but come Friday they canceled it at the last minute with the reason that they don’t have the “budget” for it. Kind of crappy to cancel it at last minute and then not even announce that it is canceled so team members find out by going into breakroom and seeing nothing there.

Attachments

• IMG_4205.jpeg
    IMG_4205.jpeg
    81 KB · Views: 6
My store was supposed to have pizza in the breakroom on Friday May 19 to celebrate our hard work getting ready and then having a good corporate visit along with it being National Pizza Party Day today. They said they were doing that during the week but come Friday they canceled it at the last minute with the reason that they don’t have the “budget” for it. Kind of crappy to cancel it at last minute and then not even announce that it is canceled so team members find out by going into breakroom and seeing nothing there.
complain to your mgt. i brought no food today. can you buy me lunch?

Sorry that your store has such poor leadership and you missed out on the pizza. Pretty sad when “leaders” make promises they don’t keep and can’t even keep track of the store‘s recognition budget, after all, it’s not exactly high finance. And they call themselves managers!🙄Time to re-take that ethics training and review basic math. Wouldn’t hurt them any to pass the hat among themselves and spring for that promised pizza either.

Only reason I’m laughing is cus Target Management of course in general lacks good communication. That does suck for the hard workers that were gonna get treated well for a day. I honestly don’t miss working for Target.

A little update with some more information I found out from other team members. First is that they got lunch for team members and leaders from other stores who came in to help for the visit at my store (they got nothing for the team members and leaders at my store). They were supposed to do a breakfast for the select team members and leaders at our store that put in the hard work getting ready for the visit but they canceled that with the “budget” being the reason stated. They also had some breakfast thing for just the mothers at the store (so for just 15% off staff) on the Saturday and Sunday around Mother’s Day. I also asked about getting lunch saying I didn’t bring mine but was told we don’t have the requisition budget for that and if we did it for you then others would expect us to do it for them. Wanted to say well if you didn’t cancel an event you promoted and promised earlier in the week you wouldn’t have that happen. We also had someone get on walkie near lunchtime ask over the walkie “Where’s the pizza in the break room?” Of course, it was all crickets with no response.

Last edited:
What a nest of snakes! Apparently your store leaders don’t understand (or don’t care) that the recognition budget is meant to positively affect morale in your store, but they don’t seem to understand the role of store morale in their success, or lack of it, either. That lunch for the visiting team should have included your store team or shouldn’t have happened at all. My store also had leaders that felt that kissing up to the district manager was more important than the welfare of their store. Let’s just say that they were not universally beloved, and team cooperation dropped faster than morale…

We did have pizza today. Did we get yours? Lol
Pizza!?! Our DSD with all our little etl ducks following behind... expected we TM s to part the sea when they puffy chested their way thru our department. Puzza lol. Appreciation Board is packed with happy notes from tm s to each other tho.

Pizza!?! Our DSD with all our little etl ducks following behind... expected we TM s to part the sea when they puffy chested their way thru our department. Puzza lol. Appreciation Board is packed with happy notes from tm s to each other tho.
I now feel bad about posting my comment making a joke about it. I’ve been with Target over 10 years. My leadership has never promised recognition with food and then not followed thru. I don’t live or die on pizza but that is bullshit. I’m very glad your fellow team members have each others backs. The leadership at that store sucks!

Back