Archived Car vs Target

Status
Not open for further replies.
The store I work at is not even a 1/4 mile from the college campus I attend so whenever I go to school I pass right by it. Well, yesterday on my way to school a car right in front of me decided it wanted to challenge Target and rammed right into the side of the building after crossing oncoming traffic, up a curb, through some bushes and over a few sidewalks. The car was totaled and the building had a pretty major chunk taken out of the wall right behind food ave, luckily it didn't do more.

I pulled over and was the first one to the car, the driver was pale and had just come from giving blood is what she told me. From the looks of it I would say she blacked out because there was no sign of braking whatsoever. Told a guest to call 911 as most of them stood there awed at what just happened. I was amazed no one wanted to help her. Aside from that though, she looked pretty decent for not braking at all and going 40+ mph straight into the wall. All the ETLS came out and made a "perimeter" so no one could pass and from how they explained it, when the car hit the building it felt like a small earthquake. Could have been much worse, glad no one was walking on those side walks.

God imagine being the people in Food Ave right where it happened.

Glad everybody's okay. And this is why they tell you to not drive after giving blood.

I donate regularly and have never had any problems.
Then again I always stay at the center, drink a bottle of juice and water, eat some cookies, before I leave.

That and not driving at all pretty much avoids the problem.

Glad to hear no one was hurt.
That's some scary stuff.

drive-thru-pharmacy-funny-pictures1.jpg

Thank you for donating commie.

I'm Oneg, feel like kinda have to.
I do the double red, means you lay there longer but it's worth it.
the world needs more people like you commie, good on ya :)

glad no one was hurt by the runaway car but could you say she "hit the target" lol bad joke I know but I couldn't resist

Every time I donate I have to be tilted back with an ice pack on my neck or I get dizzy and pass out.
I sit and drink juice and eat crackers/cookies after for 30 minutes.
I'm glad she wasn't harmed.

Then again I always stay at the center, drink a bottle of juice and water, eat some cookies, before I leave.

That's some scary stuff.
The one and only time I donated blood, I didn't faint until 45 minutes later. Maybe something similar happened?

That's some scary stuff.
The one and only time I donated blood, I didn't faint until 45 minutes later. Maybe something similar happened?

It's possible.
If you didn't fully re-hydrate yourself and make sure to get some food you can have some issues.
Some people much more than others it sounds like.
Don't let something like that keep you from donating though.

Last edited:
Well.. I would donate blood. But.. I'm kinda banned from doing so. :( Such a shame, I hear local hospitals are always in need.

That's some scary stuff.

It's possible.
If you didn't fully re-hydrate yourself and make sure to get some food you can have some issues.
Some people much more than others it sounds like.
Don't let something like that keep you from donating though.
I did fully rehydrate but I later found out I was anemic. I have been advised not to try to donate again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back