Archived Card Readers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you noticed the new sounds on the card readers? Instead of the squawking duck we now have a 6 chime doorbell.

Thoughts on the new sound?

I like it. Although after an 8 hour day the sound gets annoying. When I first heard it I thought a guests phone was going off and didn't think to tell her to remove her card. The guests all love it because it's much more friendly. It reminds me of Glinda welcoming Dorothy to Oz. I'm waiting for the Lollipop Guild to hop out of the checklanes.

Okay, maybe a bit much but long and the short it's a nice new sound.

Have you noticed the new sounds on the card readers? Instead of the squawking duck we now have a 6 chime doorbell.

Thoughts on the new sound?

Guests LOVE it. Nothing but positives when I am up for fast service.

My store still has the hunting duck call although it is not near as noisy as it was when it first started.......when did the Glinda sound start?

Now when we reboot our registers we get the Glinda sound....hhmm. Guess I'll wait and listen

Glinda started today at my store. It's not bad although I think it is 2 chimes too long.

I like it. Although after an 8 hour day the sound gets annoying. When I first heard it I thought a guests phone was going off and didn't think to tell her to remove her card. The guests all love it because it's much more friendly. It reminds me of Glinda welcoming Dorothy to Oz. I'm waiting for the Lollipop Guild to hop out of the checklanes.
Be careful what you ask for. We have flash mobs down here. So that can happen. (however not in our store because Ap is vigilant lately as someone tried ot steal a TV again. Nothing is funnier than a person trying to run with a 50 TV through seasonal the the alarm door at the back corner. Especially when we have that broken wal-mart cart the the homeless always leave on the other side of it and you tripped into it and fell.

Okay, maybe a bit much but long and the short it's a nice new sound.

I wish they would have two different sounds depending on whether it was a successful transaction or not. The duck/goose sound for card read errors, wrong password, pulled out card too early, pushed the cancel button, and the doorbell sound for Thank you you transaction is complete.

After the 3 years of goose honks, I could successfully completely tune it out at other registers and my brain could just barely register it on my own. Now with the new sound I feel like I am working in one of the stores they used to have where you could test the door bells and there was always 3-4 tests going on at the same time.

I hate it. Too cheery for me and I don’t like how it keeps going even after you pull your card out. More annoying than the honking but the guests LOVE IT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back