Archived Cargo control equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why Target doesn't use cargo control equipment like bars and straps?

Most our trucks come like this and we always have lots of damaged products right off the bat

IMG_0136.jpg

And I thought our DC sucked at loading a truck. Ours are dangerously lop-sided, furniture on top of paper towels, etc. No not that bad. It's sad they get paid more than us to load trucks poorly.

Speaking of broken product, I unloaded the truck a few times and one time some guy at the DC decided to put a package of soy sauce on top and well... after the truck got to the dock it was shattered and soy sauce was everywhere good times!

Looking at your picture I have never seen a white walled trailer. That's kind of cool. All my trailers are sided with plywood.

I've wondered that too. That trailer looks so small compared to ours though! Everything falls out as soon as you open the door. One of my favorite days included both broken water cases and detergent. The entire floor of the trailer was covered and it was like one big slip-n-slide.

Just fyi, TM's don't always load. (at least not in the IW's) we use temps to load sometimes as well and uh.. yeah don't do half as good a job (VERY hit or mis with temps). At the IW's we have load bars and have even gone so far as to use shimed 2x4s to make makeshift load bars if need be....

Man those trailers must be cake to load... at the IW we deal with so many more boxes per trailer 20k is average for a trailer, and a shift on the dock averages from 4k to 6k boxes over a 10hr period.

That trailer looks so small compared to ours though!

Yes they are narrower but I believe the length is the same (53'). It was a while back that our DC changed their trucks, these are swift trucks in and out, no bullseye or anything target.

Just fyi, TM's don't always load. (at least not in the IW's).

What's an IW?

Just fyi, TM's don't always load. (at least not in the IW's).

What's an IW?

Import Warehouse. IWs take in freight from other countries (most often China) and distribute it to the DCs (I can't remember if there's a stop between the IW and DC). They're located in coastal cities.

Deconsolidators get all the freight from outside the US. What doesn't go straight from the deconsolidators to the DC's goes to the IW's for storage till the DC's are ready for it. The deconsolidators are 3rd party companies that work with/for target.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back