Archived Caribou Coffee?

Status
Not open for further replies.

paidtosmile

Former Team Leader
Does anybody have any experience working at Caribou Coffee? If so, what's it like? I applied for a couple assistant store manager positions, and one shift supervisor position, and am trying to get an idea of what I might be jumping into.. Not every company is lucky enough to have a third-party forum ;)

My sister worked at one for like 5 years, and last year as a Shift Sup. Then got fired because she missed one shift (long story, but she called ahead saying she might not make it).

I think Caribou's are more localized to the Midwest than Starbucks. From what it sounds like they're a lot less corporate-ish like Target is, as far as rules and policy goes.

Just a quick closing note for this thread:

I interviewed for a shift supervisor position and got an offer, but declined it. I make over $1 more as a moderately-seasoned team member (PG n07) at target than I would have as a shift sup. at caribou.

The offer was the same as the pay I got when I started at target. We might not make very much, but target wage isn't horrible compared to other jobs in the service/retail industry

Last edited:
Just a quick closing note for this thread:

I interviewed for a shift supervisor position and got an offer, but declined it. I make over $1 more as a moderately-seasoned team member (PG n07) at target than I would have as a shift sup. at caribou.

The offer was the same as the pay I got when I started at target. We might not make very much, but target wage isn't horrible compared to other jobs in the service/retail industry

I don't know about the coffee places where you're at but my daughter made more in tips on most days than she did in wages.
Of course the indy coffee hut where she worked was all about the regular customers and the high end coffees may be a different market.
Also as a shift supervisor you might not have been able to pull in the tips like a regular barista would have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back