Archived Any former baristas gone on to work at other coffee shops?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baristar

Recovering Starget Barista
I left Spot in May after working there as a barista (and occasional cashier) for nearly 4 years. While I don't miss the revolving door of inexperienced and cocky ETLs and the general lack of regard given to what running a quality coffee shop requires, I do sometimes miss being a barista, specifically that it kept me active and interacting with interesting people.

Have any former Spot baristas gone on to work at real Starbucks or independent coffee shops? The few times I've mentioned working at Target to Starbucks baristas, I usually got disdain.

I don't know if I count, but I was a Starbucks TL. I now work at a Starbucks company store. There are a lot of similarities and also a lot of differences. I love the environment! The culture is amazing!!!

What are the differences in culture and work environment between Starget and Starbucks?

Starbucks is great about partner(employee) appreciation. We get a a lot of verbal recognition and a lot of perks. For the most part, team work is everything!!!

That is nice. I have heard a lot in the news about initiatives they do for partners. I feel like the only thing we got at Starget was slightly higher pay than the cashiers.

Wondered what happened to you, Baristar.
At some locations, the baristas don't consider Target baristas 'real' SB but they (Target SB) usually prove themselves pretty quick.

I've had several go back and forth even between sbux and target sbux. The perks are definitely better, but I do feel they are pickier. I mean sbux didn't call me back twice, but target called me the same day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back