I'm Lost! Cart attendant

So i guess today will be my first offical day of being cart attendant and i had a few questions. so as a cashier ive never really used a walkie. i know how to use it but not really sure what to say. i know what to do if someone calls for a pickup, switch channels, but how would i tell someone im going on break? and what does “go for cart attendant” mean? lol. also how often should i do abandons/ hangers. and is there a place where the cart pusher remote is? thanks in advance

Let them know your have the pick up.
Push the + or - to switch channels then let them know when you’re on the channel. A simple On 2 works or whatever channel they ask you to go for.
Tell the SETL you’re going to break. Empty the hangar bin when it’s full.
Gather abandons and baskets from the lanes when you can (guest advocates will love that).
The SETL will have to give you a key for the cart buddy.

If it’s cold where you are make sure to stay warm. We let our FOS Attendants take small breaks after clearing the lot to have a cup of coffee/cocoa/tea to stay warm and healthy. Maybe only 5ish minutes to drink then back to work! Thankfully you’ll be busy enough that your day will pass by quickly 😊

Back