Archived Cart Well (Service Desk)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. So I transferred from one store to another a while ago, and one thing about the new store is bugging me.

Their cart setup at Guest Service is ridiculous. The cart well itself holds 7 + the tub for defectives. Plus, they're using one of the 7 "slots" for the ESIM bin, as well, so there's actually only 6 carts in the well at the moment. The problem is that they have the system set up to sort into 9 carts, so they have the three other carts just floating around the cart well. The Market cart (which they INSIST must be in a Tiered cart), the Softlines cart, and the HBA cart.

So I have a few questions:
1. Does the Market cart actually HAVE to be in a Tiered cart? My old store had it in a normal cart, and it worked fine...
2. Is it considered brand to have carts outside of the cart well?
3. And if not for either of the above, can anyone point me to some official thing (maybe on Workbench) that says so?

I'd really like to get the setup "fixed" so it doesn't give me an aneurysm. :p

At my p-fresh 2 door store, we have 21 black bins & no cart well. I have seen the cart well at other stores & thought it would fill up fast. Is your gs "separate by glass walls", too? I saw that at a older store with 1 door entrance.
The smart sort function tells which bin to use, etc.

We used a regular cart for the market reshop at my store. I'm not sure if there is anything on Workbench about it, but it's definitely worth a look.

Food can't go in the plastic carts so that's the reason for the two tier. It also included any food items which are qmosed or to be qmosed. Within the last 6 months our food gml has sent out numerous emails ab it.

We've been told that all food abandons MUST be in a 3-tier, not in with non-food items. That's gonna be fun when it starts up.
We're like HLM's store & have the bins instead. After Pfresh tho, we're gonna have to reset smart sort. :facepalm:

We have started that two tier cart thing after Stertitech got us for it. One of the two things we got ding for in the whole store. The other was dust build up in the frontlanes.

It's all Steritechs fault! No carts for defectives or food returns. All has to be in the pacmans as we call them or a tub. We were told it was because of cross contamination. Unless the tub or pacman is labeled as food returns only or defectives only, I don't see how that will help prevent that /shrug.

My store doesn't use the tiered cart. We put non-perishable reshop in a regular cart and perishables go in a special bin to be QMOSed.

Steritech got us for using plastic carts too. No one is allowed to use our shopping carts in the store except the guests. The only exception is the carts for actual nonfood reshop.Flow, planogram, TLs moving product that are caught using carts get coached. Even vendors are not allowed to use carts. We keep a 3 tiered cart at Sdesk just for food now. And don't ever get caught with a shopping cart in a freezer or cooler....automatic high risk critical!

Steritech got us for using plastic carts too. No one is allowed to use our shopping carts in the store except the guests. The only exception is the carts for actual nonfood reshop.Flow, planogram, TLs moving product that are caught using carts get coached. Even vendors are not allowed to use carts. We keep a 3 tiered cart at Sdesk just for food now. And don't ever get caught with a shopping cart in a freezer or cooler....automatic high risk critical!

That's super crazy to imagine - we have next to no vehicles on truck days as it is... if Plano had to demerchandise entire aisles using tubs or carts there would be a lot of pissed off people. And how about when flow breaks out the repacks for HBA and Stationary?

EDIT: Oh whoops, nevermind. For food purposes ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back