Archived CA's versus "learning/teaching moments", AND tension with another TM in same position

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrontEndFirecracker

Vibe Machine
I had a short conversation with my STL yesterday as I was closing SD. I'm a newly promoted GSA, and I basically called out of 4 shifts (1 GSA which the GSTL offered to cover) and 2 SD shifts (I wasn't the closer, so I wasn't super worried about them finding coverage as 1-2 other people were scheduled during that time). I had a doctor's note because I was contagious and not to return to work until the 24th, and when I offered the note to my SrGSTL, he said he didn't need them.

He wanted to make sure I was doing better, but more importantly and rightfully, he wanted to make sure the position wasn't proving too much for me, and that this was just a fluke. I assured him I never ever call out of work. I invited him to speak to the ETL-RX and the ETL-HL, because I worked in both places combined almost two years and maybe missed 3-4 days in that whole time because of sickness or family deaths. I then asked him about whether he had heard any feedback about opportunities I had, to which he said he hasn't heard much because I'm so new.

He mentioned that if I did do something "wrong", it would become a teaching/learning moment. Is this a CA, or since my learning plan hasn't been completed - would it actually just be a training moment to learn what I did wrong and how to do it differently?

On another note, another GSA does not like me. I was SD last night while she was GSA, and there was significant tension. She interacts with every other TM but doesn't say a word to me. When I ask her a question about something I'm not sure of, she gets quick and snappy with me and makes me feel inferior. She went on her 30 and had a random cashier cover her instead of asking me, a GSA, to cover - and I was called over 2-3x in that 30 minutes for issues that needed a supervisor password. Do I quietly ask her what I did to generate the animosity, or do I go to GSTL or HR? I have known her for over a year, and she was never like this before I got my promotion recently. It makes it a bit uncomfortable to work when she's there.

Thank you!

Spot doesn't accept doctor's notes anymore, which is a bit of a pain. I went into the hospital for a week shortly after I got my GSA position and was worried about how that would go over. Things were a bit shaky at first, but then got better.

The other GSA may be worried about her hours, being upstaged, etc. It likely has nothing to do with you. But I would find a quiet time to talk to her and ask her if you've done anything, and if you can work together to get things back on track. She may be okay after you've talked. If there is still an issue after that after a day or two, then talk to your GSTL.

My store still takes doctor's notes. He just said he didn't need it because I let them know days in advance so he just rearranged the schedule.

I was thinking about talking with her alone, but I don't want to create more problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back