Cases per hour?

Was wondering if anyone Knows what the official cases per hour is when pushing. So I work in Market the meat and deli section. And I had a Team lead Tell me that we are supposed to push 50 cases per hour. Which I find ridiculous. I do not think you can fifo and push 50 cases per hour.

We go by 80 cases/hour. It's generally attainable for most departments. Some stores in our district are more, some are less.

If FIFO is being done consistently everyday, this is completely reasonable. It's when the process is not being followed correctly it becomes difficult. Doing a task like this everyday makes it small because you'll only have to check/pull a few things things, but only doing it once in awhile (or not at all) makes it bigger because you'll have to check/pull more. This obviously will take more time.

If only--- TL busting your ass to do lamps faster and zone better. "TM drops box on floor " ok asshole, you do it faster."

On Greenfield, the FDC truck is calculated at around 25 cases per hour.
RDC is 60 cases an hour, FDC is 45 an hour but that accounts for the time to break down the pallets.

So for example 1000 cases from FDC/C&S should take roughly 22-23 hours to breakdown and push. So 3 TMs working 8 hour shifts should be able to finish 1000 cases.

Physically pushing any box anywhere in the store should take an average of 60 an hour, and that’s retail standard not just target.

RDC is 60 cases an hour, FDC is 45 an hour but that accounts for the time to break down the pallets.

So for example 1000 cases from FDC/C&S should take roughly 22-23 hours to breakdown and push. So 3 TMs working 8 hour shifts should be able to finish 1000 cases.

Physically pushing any box anywhere in the store should take an average of 60 an hour, and that’s retail standard not just target.
Yeah, I have been doing some testing on my own and I can do around a box a minute. The only thing is, my store doesn't break down the pallets They do it straight off the pallet. And I also don't think you can do one case a minute for something like yogurt Because of the fifoing

60 cases an hour is industry standard. Where is this information published other then spot executives just continously increasing the standards to justify less payroll. Besides Walmart what other retailers are even comparable.

When all this started it was 50 boxes an hour including zone, backstock and cleanup . I still look back and get amazed of how we were able to do that with each TM pushing 6-7 uboats a day and aisles looking amazing . Good old days of modernization! 😜Then it stopped one day and now no one reinforces the cases/hr at our store . Some days it takes all day to finish and some days it’s carried over . No one cares now !

60 cases an hour is industry standard. Where is this information published other then spot executives just continously increasing the standards to justify less payroll. Besides Walmart what other retailers are even comparable.
I mean I’ve worked at a few different retailers and a box a minute was the standard at all of them. It’s not that hard to believe. A box is a box whether you’re at Walmart or a grocery store or target.
I challenge anyone to push Dec Home anywhere near 60 cases per hour.
That’s why it’s an average.

FDC is 45 an hour but that accounts for the time to break down the pallets.

There's no way that's right, both from experience and even what greenfield recommends. For my last truck, averaged across the whole thing, greenfield estimate was 30 cph, with departments ranging from 20 to 80 cph. Now, if the pallets came presorted where we could set a custom block like RDC, that'd be different.

There's no way that's right, both from experience and even what greenfield recommends. For my last truck, averaged across the whole thing, greenfield estimate was 30 cph, with departments ranging from 20 to 80 cph. Now, if the pallets came presorted where we could set a custom block like RDC, that'd be different.
I mean idk what to tell you because it is. A box is a box is a box is a box. But again you said here 20-80 so saying 45 for an average isn’t that unreasonable? I’m not sure what you’re trying to say. I’ve been a TM, TL, ETL and now SD and have pushed many of C&S orders and that’s pretty reasonable. I’ve had 3-4 TM push 1200-1500 cases an order 4 times a week for 3 years as an ETL so I’m not trying to prove anything just stating my experience and what I’ve always know best practice to be in the 10 years I’ve work for target.

I mean idk what to tell you because it is. A box is a box is a box is a box. But again you said here 20-80 so saying 45 for an average isn’t that unreasonable? I’m not sure what you’re trying to say. I’ve been a TM, TL, ETL and now SD and have pushed many of C&S orders and that’s pretty reasonable. I’ve had 3-4 TM push 1200-1500 cases an order 4 times a week for 3 years as an ETL so I’m not trying to prove anything just stating my experience and what I’ve always know best practice to be in the 10 years I’ve work for target.
I agree with the 45 an hour for fdc. I did it a little different at 50 an hour but added 30 minutes for pallet break out. I'd imagine that's probably similar in the end and simplifying it to 45 cases probably just easier. I do still disagree on a box is a box is a box statement though. Market is a much simpler push then many other areas even with fefo. 60 as an average is too high imo 50 as an overall average feels like the right pace to ne and I'll stand by that. Sure there are areas and boxes that can be done at 60 but there are also some much less then that. I'm curious how you quantify repacks?

Back