Archived Cashier questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I am new SFTM, and got back-up fro cashier yesterday. I got into some trouble that I didn't know what to do as I never work in cashier before.
So anyone who's experienced in this field, please help with these questions
1. Guest wants to pay with 2 different cards. Example, total is $70, and she wants to pay $50 with one card, and $20 with other. How do I do this?
2. Guest give the right amount of money for payment, but I enter it wrong. Example, total $100, and I enter $200. How can I correct this after the receipt printed out.
3. By accident, I close the thing contains the money ( i don't know what it's called) before I put the money in, how can i re-open it?

Thank you so much in advance.

Hi, I am new SFTM, and got back-up fro cashier yesterday. I got into some trouble that I didn't know what to do as I never work in cashier before.
So anyone who's experienced in this field, please help with these questions
1. Guest wants to pay with 2 different cards. Example, total is $70, and she wants to pay $50 with one card, and $20 with other. How do I do this?
2. Guest give the right amount of money for payment, but I enter it wrong. Example, total $100, and I enter $200. How can I correct this after the receipt printed out.
3. By accident, I close the thing contains the money ( i don't know what it's called) before I put the money in, how can i re-open it?

Thank you so much in advance.

1. Ask the guest what amount goes on which card. On the payment screen, hit K3/K6 for either credit or debit. It'll say How Much? You can type in a value, hit enter, and then swipe the card reader or the one on your keyboard. They'll sign on the card reader, and then repeat for the second card.

2. Scan the receipt. Hit K6, fix a mistake. Wrong Payment. It'll void the payment, and prompt you to put in the new tender amount.

3. K5 (Function) -> K1 Open Drawer.

Thank you Static Sun, that helped a ton as I tried to asked the leader and he looked upset and just did it by himself.

by the way, if I am Market SFTM ( that's written in my contract), then which area I would work in? or just whole super target?

I am unaware of SuperTarget policies regarding workcenters - I work in a non-superT (pfresh store).

back to cashier question. After entering the wrong amount of money the guest gave me, and receipt printed out already ( which happen last week), and she said it's ok as she gave me the exact amount, no need change and walked away with the wrong receipt. Would it be a big trouble for me? I tried to ask the another TM and she asked the leader when he's passing by, and he just said it doesn't matter. Im still worried.

back to cashier question. After entering the wrong amount of money the guest gave me, and receipt printed out already ( which happen last week), and she said it's ok as she gave me the exact amount, no need change and walked away with the wrong receipt. Would it be a big trouble for me? I tried to ask the another TM and she asked the leader when he's passing by, and he just said it doesn't matter. Im still worried.

As long as you took the exact amount of cash from the guest or gave them the correct change, it doesn't matter. What the receipt says doesn't matter as long as you put the correct amount of money in your drawer.

Now, if you were to honor the incorrect amount shown on the receipt and give the guest an extra $100 in change, then there would be a problem. Even if the guest thinks you should do it, DON'T DO IT.

As long as you took the exact amount of cash from the guest or gave them the correct change, it doesn't matter. What the receipt says doesn't matter as long as you put the correct amount of money in your drawer.

Now, if you were to honor the incorrect amount shown on the receipt and give the guest an extra $100 in change, then there would be a problem. Even if the guest thinks you should do it, DON'T DO IT.

Phew! i just mis-type the number only, but didn't give $100 to the guest. So I can throw away my worries now. Thank you Mrknownothing who is Mrknoweverything to me.:)

As long as the drawer balances out, it doesn't matter what the receipt says. It's the Total which is important, not the total tendered. I had a cashier at my old store who was a math genius (with some personality quirks) and would always hit the exact change button... and then work out how much change was due.

Last edited:
As long as the drawer balances out, it doesn't matter what the receipt says. It's the Total which is important, not the total tendered. I had a cashier at my old store who was a math genius (with some personality quarks) and would always hit the exact change button... and then work out how much change was due.

You wouldnt happen to be talking about me now, huh? :p (LOL kidding, but I was that good as well)

Pretty easy, K6 type in the amount and hit enter. It should appear on her screen the total she wants to pay on that one card and then she'll have the rest to pay on the other card. Pretty common in my town actually.

Scan the barcode on the receipt hit fix a mistake, wrong payment and then its pretty easy to fix after that or you could do the math mentally. I make that mistake alot

Hit functions (K5), open register.

Bam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back