Archived Cashier Training/What to Expect in Training?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cashier Training today. (Gulps)

I will be first to admit. I know nothing about a Cash Register and there are so many scenarios. So I am..a little nervous.
Any tips, or preperation for what to expect would be very helpful!

Thanks!

The majority of it is scan items, offer the red card, collect the payment and listen to the customer whine about whatever. The other ten percent you just learn as things come up.

Always ask questions to your trainer, if you aren't sure. Also, search our threads for various workcenters. That will help you too.
Don't forget to get & read the learning plan..

Which brings up a question...what exactly is a learning plan? Is it just what they expect you to learn for a certain position? I'm sure I have one, but I've never seen it or heard it even mentioned.

It's usually a list of "core roles", what you're expected to do as part of your position. If you're working in different areas (softlines, cashier, fitting room), they should give you a set of core roles for each.
Your learning plan incorporates these roles & expectations.

Thanks! I've heard the phrase "core roles" when I got pulled aside and told how well I was doing at them, but I just assumed it was basically check people out and solicit red cards. *shrug*

Cashier Training today. (Gulps)

I will be first to admit. I know nothing about a Cash Register and there are so many scenarios. So I am..a little nervous.
Any tips, or preperation for what to expect would be very helpful!

Thanks!

I know the feeling. I had never even touched a register before I started at Target. The basics are very simple, it's the things that don't happen often that can be tough to remember (tax exempt, etc.).

Here is our guide for cashiering: http://www.thebreakroom.org/index.php?threads/cashier.72/
Also, don't be afraid to check out the wiki page: http://www.thebreakroom.org/w/index.php/Cashier

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back