Archived Cashier with the sniffles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you don't call out, keep some water bottles at your lane. Best think to do when sick is drinking a lot of water.

They just put them in maybe six months ago. But it could be a test run I live and work like 30 minutes from corporate which is downtown Minneapolis

WTF? A store without belts on the registers?

Weirdest thing I've ever read on this site, mind completely blown.

It's older in design, lanes are staggered, so one line can feed two registers. Our sister store has them, I like that the registers are mounted higher, so less bending to make change. That little bend to reach in the cash drawer kills my back.

A month or two after I started at Spot a new TM puked on the floor while we were pushing chemicals. She had to clean it up by herself and when she mentioned it to our TL & ETL she was told to stay until the end of her shift (another 2-3hrs, if I remember correctly) I was shocked.

Needless to say, that set the bar pretty high when it comes to what I'd feel comfortable complaining about at work! You could look at this girl and instantly tell she was sick- I felt so bad for her. My TL is actually pretty awesome, so I'm not sure what the deal was with not letting her go home.

A month or two after I started at Spot a new TM puked on the floor while we were pushing chemicals. She had to clean it up by herself and when she mentioned it to our TL & ETL she was told to stay until the end of her shift (another 2-3hrs, if I remember correctly) I was shocked.

Needless to say, that set the bar pretty high when it comes to what I'd feel comfortable complaining about at work! You could look at this girl and instantly tell she was sick- I felt so bad for her. My TL is actually pretty awesome, so I'm not sure what the deal was with not letting her go home.

I'm surprised that isn't a liability problem? I was send home once and I felt so guilty for it but I think they rather be short handed than have me pass out on the floor. I've learned if you're sick you're sick. I can usually push through but know your limits.

At my store you have to be specially trained to clean up bodily fluids. Even if the bodily fluids are our own. One of our cart attendants or a SrTL or above would have to clean it up. And with me being a PA if I puked I'd be required to go home immediately.

It's older in design, lanes are staggered, so one line can feed two registers. Our sister store has them, I like that the registers are mounted higher, so less bending to make change. That little bend to reach in the cash drawer kills my back.
One line in two registers is really weird to me and seems like it would be annoying to deal with. Having 14 registers in a row is much nicer

That's pretty harsh, I don't see why they wouldn't send her home unless they didn't feel comfortable letting her leave in a weakened state? I mean hell I got sent home for being paler than usual (though I did end up having a fever later on), I'd reckon vomiting would be grounds for the rest of the day and maybe tomorrow off.

When I worked for Spot and I got a cold I brought Sudafed and tissues. When I had a chance I would go to the Men's room to make sure I still looked "presentable"

Probably not. That would draw more attention to your sickness than coughing/sneezing, unless you are coughing constantly.

To call in, all you have to do is call your store and ask the operator to transfer you to the LOD. Then you just need to explain to the LOD that you are sick and won't be able to come to work. Be very careful though, attendance is a serious issue and I would only call out sick if it would heavily affect your performance or you are in pain.
yea I remember I had a bad stomach flu a few years ago and I was in so much pain and getting up from the couch was hell. I called out 4 days in a row.

We have sanitizer at all the registers so I take my tissues, blow, then sanitize... If a guest sees me. It's not something that bothers me as a guest, but it will bother some people. I'm more bothered by people who keep sniffing to keep it from falling and they don't have tissues. It's so annoying to me.

Not to turn this into a germaphobic thread, but it also bothers me when I see someone blow their nose and put that tissue in their pocket. Same goes with handkerchiefs.

Or when they blow their nose....and try and hand it to you to throw away

At my store you have to be specially trained to clean up bodily fluids. Even if the bodily fluids are our own. One of our cart attendants or a SrTL or above would have to clean it up. And with me being a PA if I puked I'd be required to go home immediately.

None of the higher ups were around when it happened, and I can understand not wanting to walkie someone and say "I puked, come clean it up" even if that is how it's supposed to be done.

But yea, I agree Amly_221b- I was beyond shocked that she didn't go home. I would be horrified if I was shopping at another store, happened to see a worker puke, and then still pushing merch later on. Yuck!

I'm fairly certain anybody in a supervisory position is required to do both the Identifying and the Cleaning of Hazardous Materials training. All of the GSA's, TL's, Sr. TL's, and ETL's need to have completed the training at our store. Our HR recently decided to get caught up on everyone's training, so we had myself and 3 other TL's doing the training in TSC at the end of our shifts.

Reminds me of when I was hired and a fellow seasonal TM made several trips to the restroom to throw up during the same shift. Nobody understood why she wouldn't just go home.

Or when they blow their nose....and try and hand it to you to throw away
That's when I LOL and then do this...

Jack%20Nicholson%20fapping.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back