Archived Cashiering App Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
So let's say that a guest comes to the register after shopping for groceries. You ring up 300+ items, and then they tell you they have the app. Let's say their cell-phone dies, or their mobile data runs out, or they lose connection in store, or for whatever reason they don't have a barcode for you to scan. How do you go about this?

When you say app, do you mean for cartwheel coupons or Target wallet to pay?

3 options:
  1. Have her use a different method of payment. If she wanted to use cartwheel she can return before store close with her receipt to get the discounts.
  2. Offer to put her items on hold until she can come back with payment. Talk to your GSTL. Hold times vary. At my store we'll hold 1 or 2 items until store close. Full baskets though we'll only hold for 2 hours.
  3. If it's just a connection issue, offer to suspend the transaction and put her basket to the side. Have the guest step outside the store or head over to SBX (wherever you have better signal in the store) until they can load their screen.

You don't have to wait until the end of the transaction to scan the app, unless they have their REDcard tied to it and they're paying with gift cards. Otherwise, it can be scanned right away.

If they don't have the barcode whatsoever, then your only other option would be to have them take it up with Guest Services before store close as @LearningTree suggests.

I guess you could also just manually reduce prices item-by-item and select "Missed Cartwheel" as the reason for the price change.

Cartwheel/wallet/mobile GC scan bar should ALWAYS be the last thing scanned

Agree with GSA. I still have issues with Cartwheel discounts not applying consistently if I scan that barcode before I'm done scanning merchandise.

Tell them they can come back same day and go to Guest service. Do NOT manually adjust prices without GSTL approval.
My trainer told me to do this and it seemed sketchy.

Way I see it, it's the Guest's fault for not having Cartwheel and looking for their offers. Why should I pity-adjust the price, right?

But the culture in my store seems to be, "F-it, just adjust and make the guest happy." Hate calling over the GSA/GSTL only for them to go, "duhrr, starmaster, you could just adjust the price like this. Gosh, why are you calling me? Idiot." (okay not really but that is the attitude sometimes)

I ask if they recall what was on their list and adjust. I usually know most of them. If time permits, I use my phone and double check. Big coupons are also on paper. Clothing us easy, since signs are visible. Hardest for me are toys. But yes, we take care of the guest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back