Archived CashPrize on paycheck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Quickart

Cart Magician turned GSTL
So I went to check my check for this Friday and noticed something odd. One of the lines says cashprize. Does anyone have any idea what this is? Was there some kind of contest I am not aware of? Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining because anything helps!

View attachment cashprize.jpg

So I went to check my check for this Friday and noticed something odd. One of the lines says cashprize. Does anyone have any idea what this is? Was there some kind of contest I am not aware of? Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining because anything helps!

View attachment 92

Did you get a gift card for passing a 5 or 10 year anniversary? Two years ago, I got a $50 gift card (I think it was $50) from corporate for passing my 10 year anniversary. That could be it.

Any monetary prize or any merchandise valued over $25 is suppose to be taxed.This would include any red card prizes, team recognition gift cards or attendance gift cards. One of my old stores was right on top of this and everyone was taxed on their prizes. My current store has never done it. The ETLHR has never heard of it and said until she did they would just keep on with the status quo.

Thanks for the responses. The only thing I can think of is that a few months ago I hit my 3 year mark and I got a watch for it. I can't imagine they would tax a watch though...

Could be your Service Award, otherwise know as your Anniversary Milestone, did you recently achieve 1, 3, 5, 10 years or more of service?

View attachment 92

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back