Archived Certain workcenters thinking they are better than others

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are all forgetting one thing. ONE TEAM, ONE DREAM! Without teamwork the stores would fall apart. Everyone's job is hard, but in a different way. Everyone's job contributes to our final goal: getting the guest out the door with what they came for with a smile on their face! Let's stop taking about who does what and why someone's job is more important. ONE TEAM, ONE DREAM!

**Showers you with Vibe cards**

This is the mentality I try to carry at work; it's far from the consensus though. My store is very one for all and all for one.

ONE TEAM, ONE DREAM!
I'd totally wear a t-shirt with that on it.

You guys are all forgetting one thing. ONE TEAM, ONE DREAM! Without teamwork the stores would fall apart. Everyone's job is hard, but in a different way. Everyone's job contributes to our final goal: getting the guest out the door with what they came for with a smile on their face! Let's stop taking about who does what and why someone's job is more important. ONE TEAM, ONE DREAM!
OK, as much as I hate the phrase, "I just threw up a little in my mouth", I just threw up a little in my mouth.

This kids is a brain on target kool aid. A drug so powerful the human body can only drink, sleep, and bleed target bs.

Slogans are great. They sound great and are more times than not catchy as hell. However, there comes a point in time that you have to put action with the Slogan or the slogan are just words. I for one am tired of Spot coming out with a new slogan and or catch phrase every other week. They should put into action what they say.If you want ONE team with ONE dream then you need to take better care of your TEAM...and I am not even talking about extra money. Treat them with respect ...treat them the same way you want the guests to be treated. The Vibe should not only be for the guests but for team members as well. I agree that guests are important, without them none of us would have a job. However, everyone ( guests or not) should be treated fairly and with some sense of dignity.

Slogans are great. They sound great and are more times than not catchy as hell. However, there comes a point in time that you have to put action with the Slogan or the slogan are just words. I for one am tired of Spot coming out with a new slogan and or catch phrase every other week. They should put into action what they say.If you want ONE team with ONE dream then you need to take better care of your TEAM...and I am not even talking about extra money. Treat them with respect ...treat them the same way you want the guests to be treated. The Vibe should not only be for the guests but for team members as well. I agree that guests are important, without them none of us would have a job. However, everyone ( guests or not) should be treated fairly and with some sense of dignity.
Whew for a second there i thought you was another one of those defend target types.

I am not a drinker of the Kool Aid. I mean I don't think Spot is all doom or gloom ( or I wouldn't still be there) but I do think it has some issues that could be easily fixed if the powers that be....just listened

You right but its hard when leadership ignores all signs of bs. Right now as the only gstl i have to do my work center but also help backroom and salesfloor because we are down Tl for backroom and we need another Tl for salesfloor. The flow tl doesnt care and the Ctl is a dick and hides in receiving all day.

Then, spot laid off 40 corp hr folks today, who supported the 1700 corp folks who got laid off, last week. Makes no sense to me.

Last edited:
AP is the best. Our job comes with the biggest risk of getting killed. I had guns pulled on me, I been punched in the face, I broke my nose, I been stabbed..All during making a APP. I also had people show up at my house threatening to kill because I arrested them.

AP is the best. Our job comes with the biggest risk of getting killed. I had guns pulled on me, I been punched in the face, I broke my nose, I been stabbed..All during making a APP. I also had people show up at my house threatening to kill because I arrested them.
And you like that? Do you think Target is going to take care of you or your family when you get injured or killed making an app? They're going to find some directive or best practice that you didn't follow and wash their hands of you.

We had people steal stuff and run out the fire door in electronics around the time I started. I was working back there and told AP what was going on. His first question to me was what was their license plate number. I told him I didn't go outside to look since you told us during orientation that no one should be putting their life at risk for Target and no one should follow thieves out of the store. But he was pissed at me that I didn't chase them down and get a license plate? Sorry, I'm not putting my life in danger for a retail store where I was making $7/hr.

Getting injured during an app is one thing, criminals following you home and threatening to kill you is a whole other level.

I had an ETL-AP who was stabbed during an app. Ambulance came and took him to the hospital. He was out for a week or two. Target didn't pay his medical bills (after insurance) and there was talk of him being fired. He wasn't canned because they couldn't find an actual policy that he broke, but they were looking for one. An Assets Protection team member who has a death wish seems like more of a liability than thrives getting away with merch.

I just hope that you forgot the sarcasm font, because I don't think this makes you better than any other team... I think this makes you sound like one of those people that gets rejected for military and police service for psychological reasons.

And you like that? Do you think Target is going to take care of you or your family when you get injured or killed making an app? They're going to find some directive or best practice that you didn't follow and wash their hands of you.

We had people steal stuff and run out the fire door in electronics around the time I started. I was working back there and told AP what was going on. His first question to me was what was their license plate number. I told him I didn't go outside to look since you told us during orientation that no one should be putting their life at risk for Target and no one should follow thieves out of the store. But he was pissed at me that I didn't chase them down and get a license plate? Sorry, I'm not putting my life in danger for a retail store where I was making $7/hr.

Getting injured during an app is one thing, criminals following you home and threatening to kill you is a whole other level.

I had an ETL-AP who was stabbed during an app. Ambulance came and took him to the hospital. He was out for a week or two. Target didn't pay his medical bills (after insurance) and there was talk of him being fired. He wasn't canned because they couldn't find an actual policy that he broke, but they were looking for one. An Assets Protection team member who has a death wish seems like more of a liability than thrives getting away with merch.

I just hope that you forgot the sarcasm font, because I don't think this makes you better than any other team... I think this makes you sound like one of those people that gets rejected for military and police service for psychological reasons.
It was scarcasm.

Then, spot laid off 40 corp hr folks today, who supported the 1700 corp folks who got laid off, last week. Makes no sense to me.
Reminds me of that scene in the first season of House of Cards when Claire has her office manager fire a bunch of employees and then pulls her in to the office to fire the office manager at the end of the day. She was blindsided.

Work centers. Logistics fluff. Apologies to Tolkien estate.
Get thru the door, get on the line
Load up the pallets and watch the time.
Don't drop the salsa, don't drop the plates
That's what the unload t. l. hates
Find a tub or find a flat
Good luck getting a pallet jack
Out of milk? Well they'll bring more
Don't leave a dent in the cooler door
We are in the aisles it's time to bowl
Only touch grocery with a ten foot pole
Oh wait it's time for break let's go
A song to help us throw the freight.
(It works with the tune)

F* Target 'logistics.'

At my store, the group would be soft lines. Logistics is pretty bad, but they fuck up so much that it's comical, so it doesn't bother me.

Soft lines: I've been doing back up today, and there's only four of us! The workload is probably high because you're talking amongst each other like gabby school girls. Your panty bins are a mess. Shoes are everywhere. Your folded shirts look like a homeless group camped out over there. Now clean it up!

Seriously. Soft lines is the worst.

Work centers. Logistics fluff. Apologies to Tolkien estate.
Get thru the door, get on the line
Load up the pallets and watch the time.
Don't drop the salsa, don't drop the plates
That's what the unload t. l. hates
Find a tub or find a flat
Good luck getting a pallet jack
Out of milk? Well they'll bring more
Don't leave a dent in the cooler door
We are in the aisles it's time to bowl
Only touch grocery with a ten foot pole
Oh wait it's time for break let's go
A song to help us throw the freight.