Chain TL vs Small Format TL

How is there more responsibility? Smaller format usually means smaller teams to have to oversee, smaller trucks, less sales.

Is there a pay difference? Higher rate for small format TL - more responsibility?
Nope. But they are treated like Closing TLs (or old school Sr. TLs) in the fact that they have access to edit the schedule in myTime and have ordering privileges via GoCart. As a TL that had those things taken away from me, I would almost rather be at a Small Format if not for those two reasons.

Also, you report directly to the SD. Which is kind of a blessing in my opinion as you don’t have the “hierarchy” like chain stores do.

Nope. But they are treated like Closing TLs (or old school Sr. TLs) in the fact that they have access to edit the schedule in myTime and have ordering privileges via GoCart. As a TL that had those things taken away from me, I would almost rather be at a Small Format if not for those two reasons.

Also, you report directly to the SD. Which is kind of a blessing in my opinion as you don’t have the “hierarchy” like chain stores do.
This was my selling point for CL TL. Reporting directly to SD has been the greatest thing that’s happened to me. Now the flip side of that. The one time I messed something up it felt more like my dad scolding me for something stupid I did in my teenage years. Was real depressing but I won’t make that same mistake again 😂

Used to work in a small format. All TLs are considered senior TLs with keys and alarm codes, however only the actual closing TL has ordering privileges.

Off topic-ish:
The company sees a TL as a TL regardless of what kind of store you’re at.Y’all TL’s gonna be big mad when ETLs are phased out for one or two “Assistant Store Directors” in the next 3 years. Some flex formats rival PFresh in size and volume. The window for small format TLs to fast track to ETL closed two years ago. Maybe it’s a guess but I've had multiple BPs and some friends in group leadership agree it looks like that’s the direction the company is heading when they’re opening 100k+ sq.ft. express stores that are AA+ volume levels.

Anyway, all TLs make the same unless your SD gives a care and you get a bump, regardless of position.

Back