• Replies 32
  • Views 3K
  • Tags
    ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DanGleeSack

There is an add sticker over a bunch a products of different price points but are the same products. The add doesn’t specify which one is all sale just says that that general product is on sale. As an employee off the clock could I exploit that sale?

If so how do I go about it without bringing attention to myself for figuring out this exploitation.

There is an add sticker over a bunch a products of different price points but are the same products. The add doesn’t specify which one is all sale just says that that general product is on sale. As an employee off the clock could I exploit that sale?

If so how do I go about it without bringing attention to myself for figuring out this exploitation.
So basically you plan to argue with the cashier about the price? You will bring attention to yourself and if you keep taking advantage of mistakes you know exist because you work at the store you’re gonna have a lot of questions to answer to AP

I don’t plan on arguing with anyone. The ad says what it says. Why would I be treated any different than a guest would be? And you use

So basically you plan to argue with the cashier about the price? You will bring attention to yourself and if you keep taking advantage of mistakes you know exist because you work at the store you’re gonna have a lot of questions to answer to AP

You say keep doing it when I’ve never done this.

Attitude much...

I mean you use the word exploit so....

Anyways I would just ask a sales floor TM to check if it’s on sale. If it’s not it’s not and if it is it is.

I don’t plan on arguing with anyone. The ad says what it says. Why would I be treated any different than a guest would be? And you use

You say keep doing it when I’ve never done this.

Attitude much...

There's an "and" in that sentence. She used it as in future tense. She meant if you keep taking advantage (from now on), they will notice.

I wouldn't try it even for the first time. Anything that involves money, don't do it as a tm or as a guest in a company you work. Although, I might do it if it's another company's store.

Could I have a non team member test it out?

As a team member you are OBLIGATED to inform management when you see an issue that could affect the company's profitability. If the sign is wrong, you are responsible for either fixing it or telling someone responsible for that area.

Taking advantage of it is no different from printing fake as is labels or signing it wrong yourself, deliberately.

Expect to be fired.

Prices are not allowed to be changed for TMs because you should know better. If it’s in the ad then it’s on sale and rings up automatically. If it doesn’t ring up on sale then it’s obviously NOT on sale, so either buy it or suck it up. Arguing a price is so fucking stupid. If you’re too poor to afford it then don’t buy it with the intent to get a discount from arguing the cashier.

Prices are not allowed to be changed for TMs because you should know better. If it’s in the ad then it’s on sale and rings up automatically. If it doesn’t ring up on sale then it’s obviously NOT on sale, so either buy it or suck it up. Arguing a price is so fucking stupid. If you’re too poor to afford it then don’t buy it with the intent to get a discount from arguing the cashier.

LOL how rude. Just because I caught a slip up on an ad sign doesn’t mean I’m poor. People save hundreds by going out of their way to look for these errors. I never once said I would argue with anyone.

As an employee off the clock could I exploit that sale?

Just because I caught a slip up on an ad sign doesn’t mean I’m poor. People save hundreds by going out of their way to look for these errors.
Knowingly taking advantage of an ad error & hope to gain something thru a guest price challenge would likely put you on AP's radar at the very least.

I never once said I would argue with anyone.
So you'll simply walk away when the answer is 'no'?

Okay, so what if there are two different signs - not sale signs, but the strips - for the exact same product? And before anyone says that doesn't happen... yes it did. Market Pantry 2% milk, one shelf said 2.18, another shelf said 2.64, and it scanned at 2.48. This was the end of the day, grabbing my milk to purchase before going home for the night after close. So I didn't just happen to catch it in between a price change. And I was told (rather nastily, in fact) that as a TM I was not allowed to challenge price signs. Which I had never been told before that situation.

No. I bought my kid a Star Wars sweatshirt today and it didn't ring up w the 20% discount. Am I supposed to not question it bc I am a TM and using my discount? Or because I'm too "poor" to pay full price?

No. I bought my kid a Star Wars sweatshirt today and it didn't ring up w the 20% discount. Am I supposed to not question it bc I am a TM and using my discount? Or because I'm too "poor" to pay full price?
No. It’s one thing if you were supposed to get the discount if it was advertised as such. It’s another thing to “exploit” an incorrect sale sign.

Everyone is giving me shit for benefiting from someone’s mistake.

Jeez I didn’t know everyone here followed the rule book to a T. And yes if I was told no about getting the product at the sales price I would simply say ok as I do like my job over something that isn’t that important. Thought I would just ask on here to see if anyone else had a similar experience.

Everyone is giving me shit for benefiting from someone’s mistake.

Jeez I didn’t know everyone here followed the rule book to a T. And yes if I was told no about getting the product at the sales price I would simply say ok as I do like my job over something that isn’t that important. Thought I would just ask on here to see if anyone else had a similar experience.
You don’t have to follow the rule book to a t. But expect AP to follow their protocols to a t.

lol I love ap. The ap at my store especially the TL ap he follows you around like you’re guilty of something.

Can’t even do your job without him peeping around the corner watching us like a creep.

Like me? I haven’t done anything to incline them to think of me as a thief. He just does it to everyone

As an employee off the clock could I exploit that sale?

how do I go about it without bringing attention to myself for figuring out this exploitation.

why though? as a worker you should know that it's a mistake and be a part of the effort to get it changed immediately. Blah blah we get it you wanna benefit yourself but you're doing no favors to anyone else, especially the cashier, if you try to get the false price IF and only if the advertisement is wrong. I've had a flow team member try exactly what you want to do when I cashiered and she was embarrassed when the STL himself checked, came and found our check-lane, and told her himself "no"

In the end, it's up to the GSTL, we do not always honor sale price if it is advertised wrong. Is that wrong? Maybe, but it's a mistake that we can't honor. Someone from flow team had stocked a bunch of wipes in it's casestock instead of the stocking the eaches inside of it, lady brought it up expecting to buy 6 packs of wipes for $1.39. I said no at first, but told her I could get a GSTL, GSTL comes, says he can't honor that, guest wants to see HIS manager, he gets LOD, LOD tells her "Sorry, that is our mistake, I admit it, but we cannot sell you 6 packs for only $1.39" and the guest gets all huffy and puffy "What can you do to reprimand me for this mistake?" and LOD says "Nothing."

Just don't expect too much, and you can't act surprised when you get passive-aggressive comments from fellow cashiers and guest service TMs, they're the ones who deal with this kind of shit daily lol

why though? as a worker you should know that it's a mistake and be a part of the effort to get it changed immediately. Blah blah we get it you wanna benefit yourself but you're doing no favors to anyone else, especially the cashier, if you try to get the false price IF and only if the advertisement is wrong. I've had a flow team member try exactly what you want to do when I cashiered and she was embarrassed when the STL himself checked, came and found our check-lane, and told her himself "no"

In the end, it's up to the GSTL, we do not always honor sale price if it is advertised wrong. Is that wrong? Maybe, but it's a mistake that we can't honor. Someone from flow team had stocked a bunch of wipes in it's casestock instead of the stocking the eaches inside of it, lady brought it up expecting to buy 6 packs of wipes for $1.39. I said no at first, but told her I could get a GSTL, GSTL comes, says he can't honor that, guest wants to see HIS manager, he gets LOD, LOD tells her "Sorry, that is our mistake, I admit it, but we cannot sell you 6 packs for only $1.39" and the guest gets all huffy and puffy "What can you do to reprimand me for this mistake?" and LOD says "Nothing."

Just don't expect too much, and you can't act surprised when you get passive-aggressive comments from fellow cashiers and guest service TMs, they're the ones who deal with this kind of shit daily lol

Thank you this is honestly the answer I was looking for.

I’ll be sure to point the ad out tomorrow to the lod

You don't.

If you see a discrepancy between signage and print ad, you bring it to the attention of your LOD or TL. You do not take advantage of a mistake and exploit it for your own benefit. That's unethical, probably theft since it's premeditated, and it's just downright skeevy.

Hopefully you'll be caught and go find life at Walmart.

Maybe you should learn to read the following reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back