Archived Chances of approved availablity change

Status
Not open for further replies.
So since we can't change our availability online at home, how can we change it at the store? My current availability is anytime up until 5pm (M-Th) and anytime (Fri-Sun). I want to change Fri-Sun to match M-Thu, so it would be anytime up until 5pm (Sun-Sat). I've been going to summer classes for three years in a row and they normally have classes that start late which is why my availability is anytime until 5pm, this time around, however, the classes I need to take are much sooner and there's an internship program I want to take that are on the weekends. I started working at Target on June 3rd (orientation day) but was hired on May 28 (second interview). I do ship from store (online orders). Lately, I've not been comfortable talking to my HR at the store, she's been a bit snappy, moody, and irritated most times I walk by her and on days when I'm working and want to confide to her about this, she's always surrounded by employees and I feel uncomfortable asking to speak with her in private especially since I feel like I am grabbing her at the wrong time. She's never alone and summer classes begin in a week, what can I do and what are my chances of being approved? Thanks =)

A week? Not a chance in hell.

Why did you delay? Going to work 10-15 minutes early to get on the computer shouldn't have been that much of a burden.

Sorry, but your chances of changing your availability this soon are probably slim to none. New hires are supposed to be locked into their availabilities for their first 90 days, but as with most things Spot, ASANTS, and the slim chance that you do have is that the change is for furthering your education. Things may be different now, but at my store availability changes had to go to your ETL, not to HR. Just to give you fair warning for future reference, new hires wanting to change their availability can really tick off their their TLs/ETLs and even if approved can result in their hours being cut severely, because the shifts that they can’t work still have to covered and those hours will go to someone else. Just saying. Good luck, I hope it works out well for you.

the schedule is always written two weeks in advance, so one week notice isn’t gonna work. what’s your workcenter? i can MAYBE only see that availability working on the front end if you’re willing to close every weekend (that’s the only way i’d approve it)

You should give 2.5 weeks notice for an availability change. At my store, we need to submit it by Tuesday before the two week schedule gets posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back