Archived Change in Unload Times?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the new unload process started the info received from corp. stated a 4 hr unload time. I read it in the information paperwork about the new process. Now our ETL and STL want us to be done in 2 hrs regardless of truck size. If we follow the process the correct way without any deviation then how is this possible? Any thoughts or help would be appreciated. They only schedule 2 people on the line and 1 thrower. I personally think they are setting us up to fail.

Do not, I repeat do not injure yourself or anyone else with unsafe, unrealistic unload strategies. No job is worth your health or your safety. I have nearly a decade of experience at a super. What you’ve described above is neither safe or possible. Management and corporate are floundering thru a failed modernization strategy.

Last edited:
When the new unload process started the info received from corp. stated a 4 hr unload time. I read it in the information paperwork about the new process. Now our ETL and STL want us to be done in 2 hrs regardless of truck size. If we follow the process the correct way without any deviation then how is this possible? Any thoughts or help would be appreciated. They only schedule 2 people on the line and 1 thrower. I personally think they are setting us up to fail.
You need to tell them that with the new process target best practice requires 5 people on the unload . I had a double last night 5000 pieces , my unload started at 10 pm we finished at 3 am , got stocked by 8 am and we probably left about 3 flats left to push.

I'm sure you're ETL and STL care not at all about anyone but themselves. They sound like good people. Lol

Unreasonable demands are always so much fun, especially when made by people who have no understanding of what they're asking for.
Seriously, earlier this week it took us about 3 hours for a 1900-piece truck (I forget how much transition, but I think it wasn't a ton like last week) with 1 thrower and 5 of us on the line. Plus our TL is often in the truck, helping the thrower. I don't know if that's fast or slow.
Two hours regardless of truck size? They don't understand that truck size makes a difference? What idiots you have for leadership.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back