Archived change schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got scheduled the same time my class is scheduled.. would I get terminated ??

First thing, change your availability so it doesn't happen again. Keep in mind it will take a couple of weeks for the change to reflect in the schedule. If you believe you already had that you weren't available on this day, verify.

Then put the shift on the swap shift board and go to your ETL about the conflict. Ask your ETL to remove you from the schedule that day, and explain it's for school. Ask your ETL to approve your availability change. Check regularly and remind him every couple of days until it is changed. If schedules mean that you won't see your ETL in the next day or two, go to HR, explain it's for school, ask to be taken off the schedule that day. Tell everyone you work with that you've put it up on the swap shift board and ask them to spread the word.

If all else fails, education comes before retail. Call out same day, as early as possible. Don't wait until you are just an hour or two from your shift, call out three-four hours in advance. One call out for education will most likely be forgiven.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back