Service & Engagement Changes in return policy?

My TL told me Friday that Target is implementing a rather drastic reduction of days allowed for guest product returns. Currently, most items can be returned within 90 days of purchase, with some exceptions (i.e. tech products 30 days, Apple products 14 days, special clothing-designer partnership items 14 days).

I am not seeing any discussion threads on this topic, but I wonder if the much-shortened return window will be the new policy or if my ETL (who told my TL) misunderstood something they were told. Perhaps my ETL misunderstood what was an April Fools' Day joke?

Last edited:
My TL told me Friday that Target is implementing a rather drastic reduction of days allowed for guest product returns. Currently, most items can be returned within 90 days of purchase, with some exceptions (i.e. tech products 30 days, Apple products 14 days, special clothing-designer partnership items 14 days).

I am not seeing any discussion threads on this topic, but I wonder if the much-shortened return window will be the new policy or if my ETL (who told my TL) misunderstood something they were told. Perhaps my ETL misunderstood what was an April Fools' Day joke?
Considering all the salvage we get in our Style reshop, I assumed we didn't even have a limit. Not to mention the clearly used and smelly stuff, and not just Cat & Jack.

Considering all the salvage we get in our Style reshop, I assumed we didn't even have a limit. Not to mention the clearly used and smelly stuff, and not just Cat & Jack.
The clearly used and smelly stuff should be defected out at guest service and should not go to style to be put back on the floor. We dealt with that for awhile but not very often anymore. Nip that shit in the bud!

The clearly used and smelly stuff should be defected out at guest service and should not go to style to be put back on the floor. We dealt with that for awhile but not very often anymore. Nip that shit in the bud!
Oh I've tried. It helps for a bit but with new people, things slip by. Sometimes I take the items back up to GS and throw them in the damage bin.

While it's obvious that my ETL fell for an April Fools' Day joke, there is a good case that Target's return policies are perhaps too lenient for this day and age. Social media empowers people how to exploit the one-year-return window on owned-brand children's clothes, Hallowe'en costumes, Christmas Holiday decorations, shoes et cetera.

If they change the owned brands return policy, I'm all for it. I definitely think the year guarantee is way too long, especially in the case of Cat & Jack.
We have a few comments from guest surveys posted in our break room, sort of a "yay for a great team" thing. Could hardly believe what one of them said, but after reading this comment, I guess it makes sense. A mom was pleased with the guest service she received when returning some Cat & Jack clothing, due to size, rips, or stains, saying it was a great thing for a mom with rough & tumble kids.
So ... it's kind of like a perpetual supply of new clothes for free, after the initial purchase? That's some deal!

Back