Archived Changing availability?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had recently changed my availability from 40 to 25, about a month ago. I did it to get ahead of personal issues and get back on track with myself and others. My schedule just started showing that I'm only getting 25 hours, which is what I wanted. But, since my S.O. lost his job recently, I'm having trouble with having any money left after bills and it's very stressful. I'm worried about going back to personnel and asking if I can increase my hourly availability because I don't want to be seen as fickle/asking too much of them. Is there a limit to how long I have to wait to tell them,or is it the sooner the better?

I had recently changed my availability from 40 to 25, about a month ago. I did it to get ahead of personal issues and get back on track with myself and others. My schedule just started showing that I'm only getting 25 hours, which is what I wanted. But, since my S.O. lost his job recently, I'm having trouble with having any money left after bills and it's very stressful. I'm worried about going back to personnel and asking if I can increase my hourly availability because I don't want to be seen as fickle/asking too much of them. Is there a limit to how long I have to wait to tell them,or is it the sooner the better?

I'd talk to HR 1st to make sure they can accommodate your hours. With January coming, hours will be hard to find. I'd think about a second job in case you aren't promised those hours. If everything is okayed by HR it won't take in effect until 2 weeks from now.

Can always try to pick up shifts on the swap board/Kronos. That way you can get some extra hours now, but not be committed to a full time schedule in the future.
This is how I get by. Sometimes I have a schedule that doesn't allow me to work after 6pm, and other times, I'm completely open. So I leave my availability from 12a-6p and pick up shifts whenever I can. But I'm trained in a lot of workstations. If you're only trained in one thing, it might be more difficult for you.

Trust me, they will not see you as being fickle if you ask for more hours. Especially since it sounds like you're not a minor there's probably hours they need filled this time of year that minor's can't do. If your store is still hiring that's a good indication that they're understaffed and would appreciate any TMs that can take on more hours. Obviously ASANT but, based on what I've seen in my district, most stores need more cashiers and Flex people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back