Archived Changing availability..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I work about 20-25 hours/week at Target on the sales floor.
My availability is totally open as of right now, except for a few hours two days a week where I am at school.
In my personal time, I like to take horseback riding lessons, and not having a consistent weekly lesson time makes things more difficult for both me and my instructor. SO I've been thinking about taking a single day off of my availability so that I can use that time for a riding lesson.

Anyways, how would I go about changing my availability?
I think on eHR I've seen an option to change availability, but do I need to speak to someone beforehand or can I just go ahead and change it? I'd only ask for a single day off of my availability/week.

Sign into eHR. Scroll down and you will find a link that says MAX Self Service, click on that. In that window that pops up there will be a function that says Change My Availability. Click that and it's self explanatory after that.

You don't have to talk to someone about it but when you change your availability it will ask the reason as to why you're changing it.

You can just say personal. Or if you really felt like making them uncomfortable, say religious.

Don't forget, you have to be with spot over 90 days for new changes. If you do changes under 90 days, your hr will ask you some questions. It happened to a new tm at my store.

It is also not a guarantee that it will be approved. It might be a good idea to have a conversation with your HR after you put the request in for change of availability.

Once approved print out the form and save it. It has happened that people miss that change and schedule you anyway and you will want to show that it was approved.

I was thinking a Thursday would be ideal for me- the only other day that would work out well is a Monday.

Don't forget, you have to be with spot over 90 days for new changes. If you do changes under 90 days, your hr will ask you some questions. It happened to a new tm at my store.

This. I was told the only time they won't give you trouble is if the reason is school-related.

I ask for "unavailable" on the days that I have class (twice a week). I've seen other team members get "unavailable" 3 days a week.. and someone at my store at the moment is only available Fri-Sun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back