Archived Charging for bags.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always go to self check out and double bag my items to get around it

God, there's just so many things that you do that one would think would just get you fired as a combination of numerous rule violations

the pos will get an upgrade and you will get training.

its just going to be hard for people to understand that they want to buy things that they can't carry and you need to make this happen. just keep replying its law and not you making the call

I only charge people for bags if they're rude or annoying to me

Lol. I charged everyone, but if people where especially nice to me, I'd "forget" to enter the number of bags. :rolleyes:

Just remember to keep count of how many they used as you're bagging

I just bagged everything, then counted afterwards. Guests didn't mind.

The worst thing about the bag ban is the people who give you their reuseable bag after you have rung everything up. Now I ask at the beginning of the transactions. "Would you like to buy a bag or do you have your own?"
Oh and everyone who throws their reuseable bags at us? Screw you too, pal.

That's why I always, always, always, before touching any of these stuff, asked, "Would you like to purchase bags [today]?" They'll usually say yes or no, or, "oh here are my bags." But I did get that one guest who changed their mind after I scanned everything...

Their plastic bags go in the trash or are used as garbage liners (also trash )

I don't love the bag ban but it is effective.

I use the reusable bags as trash can liner, I know, I kow, sue me. :cool:

Last edited:
Self checkout ask how many bags you have taken. Do you lie and say zero?

Guests do that all the time. Although, I had a lot of honest guests that accidentally put 0, and they'd call me over to give me money for the bags. I just rang up on the sc a no barcode for 10¢, and entered the amount used.

Even better if your store doesnt have a recycling center nearby and the state forces your store to take crv... I despise glass beer bottles.....:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back