Archived Check info on application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snapeeee

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
How can I check what information I put on my application?

There should be an option on the Target website that lets you review your application. It's been >7 months since I applied and was hired so it's kind of fuzzy. I think you can review your application though.

There should be an option on the Target website that lets you review your application. It's been >7 months since I applied and was hired so it's kind of fuzzy. I think you can review your application though.
Sadly no, I tried pulling it up and it said HR would contact me if they had a position and wasn't able to review it. I just wanted to check which phone numbers I listed on my application.

All info should be reviewed carefully before you hit submitted. If you have applied to a certain store, give hr a call for status/update. If you applied through target.com/careers, your application could be at one of the several stores in your area. Depends which store has an openings.

All info should be reviewed carefully before you hit submitted. If you have applied to a certain store, give hr a call for status/update. If you applied through target.com/careers, your application could be at one of the several stores in your area. Depends which store has an openings.
I'm almost 100% sure I have all the right info. I think it's just uncertainty about not getting a call back for an interview.

If you applied within the past 60 days you can call the store you applied and get that information from them.

Once you fill out an applicant you lose access to it.

If you were turned down chances are it had to do with positions or availability (more likely)

If you applied within the past 60 days you can call the store you applied and get that information from them.

Once you fill out an applicant you lose access to it.

If you were turned down chances are it had to do with positions or availability (more likely)
Would it reflect negatively at all calling the store? I also had some issues recently with my phone service provider with my number, so that's another reason as well to check that the right number was given in case they tried to call.

Would it reflect negatively at all calling the store? I also had some issues recently with my phone service provider with my number, so that's another reason as well to check that the right number was given in case they tried to call.

No, in my opinion it shows iniative. We have a member here @PaRaD0x who was turned down for a position. I told him to call The store and update his availability and positions and they ended up hiring him.

We hired a girl who I initially turned down because I couldn't reach her. Turned out she had broken her phone but called back for a job once she got that squared away.

No, in my opinion it shows iniative. We have a member here @PaRaD0x who was turned down for a position. I told him to call The store and update his availability and positions and they ended up hiring him.

We hired a girl who I initially turned down because I couldn't reach her. Turned out she had broken her phone but called back for a job once she got that squared away.
Cool, thanks man! I've been feeling a bit worried in that it would make me look unorganized or like I didn't bother checking, but with phone issues and the uncertainty, I do want to check. How should I word it? Who would I ask to speak to if I called tomorrow?

Looks like the position has already been filled. :(

Cool, thanks man! I've been feeling a bit worried in that it would make me look unorganized or like I didn't bother checking, but with phone issues and the uncertainty, I do want to check. How should I word it? Who would I ask to speak to if I called tomorrow?

Well if you still feel like calling, you first have to let the Operator know you want to speak to HR. so say. "Hello, I'd like to speak to HR."

Then you'll get transferred. if you want to know about the information on the app. just say. "Hello, my name is 'blablabla' and I applied for 'blablabla', I would like to check up on some information that I had originally placed on my app?"

You could also ask about other openings or the particular job that you applied for.

good luck.

Well if you still feel like calling, you first have to let the Operator know you want to speak to HR. so say. "Hello, I'd like to speak to HR."

Then you'll get transferred. if you want to know about the information on the app. just say. "Hello, my name is 'blablabla' and I applied for 'blablabla', I would like to check up on some information that I had originally placed on my app?"

You could also ask about other openings or the particular job that you applied for.

good luck.
Well I would really love to work in HR, but now that the position I applied for is filled, looks like HR isn't possible right now. So would you say just leave it, or still call?

Well I would really love to work in HR, but now that the position I applied for is filled, looks like HR isn't possible right now. So would you say just leave it, or still call?

HR is really hard to get into. Most people who have HR jobs are internal hires. @HRZone got lucky. I know this because I also applied for HR and the old HR-TM from a store that closed (who was working in a different position) was like "lol I do HR again." So I was shafted. If you really want to do HR, get into target anyway possible. I was a cashier for seasonal, and I had submitted an application for HR only, not a fly. My 60 day application had recently passed so I was able to re-apply.

So my suggestion is to call, ask is there's any openings, and do any of them that you are interested. Also keep an eye on Working at TARGET

good luck!

Don't think HR is a position they hire from outside for as Pelon said.
Usually they're looking for a TM who's familiar with the store workings who's good with people, has a good sense of discretion, good at guarding personal info of others, etc.

HR is really hard to get into. Most people who have HR jobs are internal hires. @HRZone got lucky. I know this because I also applied for HR and the old HR-TM from a store that closed (who was working in a different position) was like "lol I do HR again." So I was shafted. If you really want to do HR, get into target anyway possible. I was a cashier for seasonal, and I had submitted an application for HR only, not a fly. My 60 day application had recently passed so I was able to re-apply.

So my suggestion is to call, ask is there's any openings, and do any of them that you are interested. Also keep an eye on Working at TARGET

good luck!

Yeah it's a bummer, but a few stores in the area are still hiring for HRTL, it's just that they're too far to drive to.

Usually they're looking for a TM who's familiar with the store workings who's good with people, has a good sense of discretion, good at guarding personal info of others, etc.

Do they still post them on the corporate website though just as protocol?

It all depends, I was an external HR hire but I had worked at Target once upon a time.

You are right it is usually an internal hire since it's a position you really have to have the right person

I like @Pelon1071 advice and see wisdom in getting into the store first and then transferring to an HR position at that store or another if it's truly something you want to pursue.

Do they still post them on the corporate website though just as protocol?

I believe so. I applied to transfer stores a few months ago and had a really good interview where I connected with the ETL HR. She called me to tell me she hired internally. I thought to myself, why did I even waste my time if you were going to hire internally all along?

Now they don't have to post every position, we hired a PMT from the sales floor but we were over TL headcount so that could have been an exception to the rule.

I believe so. I applied to transfer stores, had a really good interview where I connected with the ETL HR and she called me to tell me she hired internally. I thought to myself, why did I even waste time?

Now they don't have to post every position, we hired a PMT from the sales floor but we were over TL headcount so we didn't have much choice.
Do you think I should still call the store and act like I'm updating my application? What would you do?

Do you think I should still call the store and act like I'm updating my application? What would you do?

Yes I would call and ask to speak to someone in HR. You will probably get an HR TM, I would ask them if to there are any other positions the store has a need for.

Don't feel rushed, you can let them know you want to call back if you don't hear anything you like right away.

The HR will love this. We have so many applicants for positions we don't need so it's refreshing when applicants are willing to work in a position where we need supoort.

Yes I would call and ask to speak to someone in HR. You will probably get an HR TM, I would ask them if to there are any other positions the store has a need for.

Don't feel rushed, you can let them know you want to call back if you don't hear anything you like right away.

The HR will love this. We have so many applicants for positions we don't need so it's refreshing when applicants are willing to work in a position where we need supoort.
You mean, as far as positions wise? If I were to go work at that store, it would be really only for a TL position and up since it's driving to the next city and wouldn't be beneficial to pick up a Cashier position up there. I have a Target right down the road from me that has a few positions open, but I mainly was looking to see if they were also hiring for a HRTL which they weren't as they already have one.

Got it, yeah then your chances of an HRTL job aren't so high. If you are only counting on one store you may have to consider another TL job assuming they have one.

You mean, as far as positions wise? If I were to go work at that store, it would be really only for a TL position and up since it's driving to the next city and wouldn't be beneficial to pick up a Cashier position up there. I have a Target right down the road from me that has a few positions open, but I mainly was looking to see if they were also hiring for a HRTL which they weren't as they already have one.

Yea, take any opening that's available, if you're ok with it.

Got it, yeah then your chances of an HRTL job aren't so high. If you are only counting on one store you may have to consider another TL job assuming they have one.

The thing is I would be worried that taking a position such as HLTL/SBTL is that I don't know if I would be suitable for working on the immediate floor, and Starbucks because I'm not confident in making coffee. :p I would love to take HRTL/GSTL, I think I would also be a bit worried that I wouldn't measure up to the standards of something like a Flow TL, SLTL, etc. I know HRTL is probably a long shot, I do have a few years of management experience which coincide with HR.

Yea, take any opening that's available, if you're ok with it.

For the Target down the road, I would more than likely take Cashier.

@HRZone, I'll call tomorrow to let them know I'm wanting to check on some info of an application and let them know I was also having phone issues if they tried to reach out?

My store has hired 4 HRTMs in the last few years, and all of them were external hires.

I would expect more stores to be hiring externally for HRTL, since the position is going to be replacing a salaried ETL and will have to answer directly to a district HRBP. I'd be very surprised if a store promoted a TM from Cashier or GSA to HRTL.

Yeah I just called, position filled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back