Checklane Coolers

Does any one know how the checklane coolers are allocated? Do Pepsi and Coke pay Target for a certain amount? I know the adjacency shows where all of the Pepsi ones go and where the Coke ones go. So it would apparently come down from corporate.

My main question is if there is a way to add more coolers? Red Bull outsells all the other energy drinks in my store and they only have one half of a cooler at self checkout, which is how it is allocated on the adjacency. Is there any way to get an additional cooler approved for Red Bull in my store?

at one point in time 2 unauthorized coolers were put in at the check lanes by vendors - we were made to have them removed.
There are a specific number of pogs that need to be set at check lanes - we always had 2 left over that we couldn’t set. Usually opted to delete the soda/chip/vendor ones - but those would have been the ones that would have been maintained for us.

Does any one know how the checklane coolers are allocated? Do Pepsi and Coke pay Target for a certain amount? I know the adjacency shows where all of the Pepsi ones go and where the Coke ones go. So it would apparently come down from corporate.

My main question is if there is a way to add more coolers? Red Bull outsells all the other energy drinks in my store and they only have one half of a cooler at self checkout, which is how it is allocated on the adjacency. Is there any way to get an additional cooler approved for Red Bull in my store?
Yes and no depends on your store. Red Bull is poged in most store though by self checkouts. We have a couple unapproved coolers but it’s only because our store director is coop with it. Technically you can’t add any that are t on your adjacencies

Yes and no depends on your store. Red Bull is poged in most store though by self checkouts. We have a couple unapproved coolers but it’s only because our store director is coop with it. Technically you can’t add any that are t on your adjacencies
Are the unapproved coolers in place of an approved cooler on the adjacency? Or you found an extra spot to add a cooler?

Don't the beverage companies pay slotting fees to "rent" the footprint where the checklane beverage coolers are situated? The stores in my area have one cooler for Coca-Cola and related brands, a second cooler for Pepsi-Cola and related brands, and a third cooler for Keurig Dr. Pepper related brands (7-Up, Dr. Pepper, Snapple) and some independent energy drinks.

Don't the beverage companies pay slotting fees to "rent" the footprint where the checklane beverage coolers are situated? The stores in my area have one cooler for Coca-Cola and related brands, a second cooler for Pepsi-Cola and related brands, and a third cooler for Keurig Dr. Pepper related brands (7-Up, Dr. Pepper, Snapple) and some independent energy drinks.
I don’t think they literally rent, If I had to guess I would say target has it all contracted out and managed for them

Back