MyTime Checkout advocate on my time?

I have a question about the my time for target app for covering shifts.Does anyone know if checkout advocate is cashier or self check out or is it both possibly?It's confusing how they title some of the positions on the app.I know service advocate is guest service but wasn't sure about checkout advocate as I'm seeing a lot of those shifts come up and really help me if somebody could clarify if it's cashier(only trained in cashier not self checkout)or something else.

Does SCO mean self checkout?I see a lot people on here talking about that.

SCO is self checkout.

Guest Advocate is cashier. At my store, you could be scheduled GA and end up anywhere up front.

If you want to pick up a shift, do it and have them train you.

But is checkout advocate same as self checkout? That's what I'm not sure about.At my location you have to already be trained so wanted to know if checkout advocate is same as SCO.

But is checkout advocate same as self checkout? That's what I'm not sure about.At my location you have to already be trained so wanted to know if checkout advocate is same as SCO.
Our store breaks down guest advocates to service advocates (guest service), checkout advocates (cashier and/or SCO - should be trained for both), drive-up, and Front of Store advocate (carts, carryout, whatever else is needed) ASK your lead. Get trained on SCO.

At my store on the front end the overall designations for the front end are service advocate and guest advocate. Under that umbrella sometimes they further break down the roles including SCO under guest advocate and although someone is always covering SCO and that someone is the person designated as SCO if there is a SCO designated for the shift. Not every shift or even every day does someone get designated as SCO in the system and if that is the case then someone designated simply as service advocate or guest advocate covers SCO. On the guest advocate side, some members are designated on particular shifts as drive up or service desk or simply as guest advocate without DU or SD designation (or closing leader). If you are designated for a shift as DU or SD that is what you normally do during that shift. If designated as service advocate you are more likely to be at the service desk than DU or SCO or cashier but can float into any of those if needed.
So if you are listed as guest advocate and no one else is listed as SCO, you may or may not end up doing SCO. If someone else has the designation of SCO for a particular shift then it is likely that you won't be SCO.

Back