Cleaning Store for Covid

openmarket

"Sure, I'll be glad to work in the freezer!"
Does anyone know when cleaning the store for Covid will end? My store gets 150 hours per week to clean. Just wondering since some people are only scheduled for carts and baskets cleaning now.

Cleaning.

My ETL also wonders how long Target will continue supporting this initiative as a separate work center.

Perhaps, but our cleaner is pulled to other work centers almost every day once the store opens.

sure, lots of stores do this. doesn’t mean you’re supposed to and doesn’t mean it won’t hurt once those hours go away and you can’t use them for workload

sure, lots of stores do this. doesn’t mean you’re supposed to and doesn’t mean it won’t hurt once those hours go away and you can’t use them for workload
Not saying it's right at all. It irritates me that anyone switching work centers throughout any day doesn't change it in the time clock (we used to have to). There is no accounting for how long any of the work in the store actually takes so all of those time goals that we all so often whine about are based on unrealistic accounting of time.

We clean but they give them glass cleaner becuase it has ammonia instead of you know going to Starbucks or shit Ave or going to get real cleaning supplies to actually fucking disinfect things. Like what the fuck assholes. Glass cleaner is not disinfect just because it has it that chemical in it.

The problem there is you're supposed to let it sit before wiping it up and nobody has time for that. My store just has me clean with the strong stuff and wipe immediately, which kind of defeats the purpose

takes anywhere from 5-15 minutes depending on the time of disinfectant/fungicidal/etc. to actually work, which is why instead we're just cleaning carts so that they are presentable to guests. no one is under any illusions about whether they're sanitized or not, people just don't want to touch stuff that's visibly dirty. so we clean them.

they are supposed to be disinfected once per day using the orange disinfectant which needs to stay on surface for 5min or so

takes anywhere from 5-15 minutes depending on the time of disinfectant/fungicidal/etc. to actually work, which is why instead we're just cleaning carts so that they are presentable to guests. no one is under any illusions about whether they're sanitized or not, people just don't want to touch stuff that's visibly dirty. so we clean them.

they are supposed to be disinfected once per day using the orange disinfectant which needs to stay on surface for 5min or so

We use the orange stuff all day long for the carts. I don't think anyone is told to use them the proper way

Perhaps, but our cleaner is pulled to other work centers almost every day once the store opens.
That's very interesting. We are not allowed to leave the front when cleaning. If we do the lead has a fit. The person assigned is not permitted to do anything else. And they are never pulled to go elsewhere in the store. Most times people assigned don't even clean anymore; just line the baskets up for guests. It's nothing more than security theater.

Our district manager told us to use it and to not wipe but to let it air dry on the carts. It's a disinfectant. If you follow the directions, how is it hurting people? I use disinfectant cleaners in my home and it is used in hospitals every day.
Report back to us when you start growing that 2nd head. /s

Our district manager told us to use it and to not wipe but to let it air dry on the carts. It's a disinfectant. If you follow the directions, how is it hurting people? I use disinfectant cleaners in my home and it is used in hospitals every day.
When it gets busy that shit is not getting the chance to air dry. Some of the other cart cleaners gave up using it and now just use the cart wipes.

When it gets busy that shit is not getting the chance to air dry. Some of the other cart cleaners gave up using it and now just use the cart wipes.
Meh... The actual directions are to let it sit on the surface for (can't remember the exact number of minutes, but it's not a lot). Air dry doesn't necessarily mean dry to the touch...more of a term for let it sit and don't bother to wipe. Cart wipes are not disinfectants. I don't understand why everyone thinks they can make their own rules. Just follow them and let's be done with this sh*t. (Sorry for the rant. I'm just sick of the drama over really easy things.)

it was always sanitation theater since, you know, covid doesn't really exist/survive on surfaces. that's why my team focuses more on greeting guests than painstakingly "cleaning" the carts

but again can't stress this enough the orange shit can cause skin irritation and other issues so you really shouldn't be using it more than twice a day

Back